Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile re branding to EirGo

Options
  • 16-09-2015 9:40am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I assume this entitles people to leave there contracts as there is a change in name in the service provider?

How do I go about cancelling my contract under the EU regulation 17 and/or 14? 

I am with emobile 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Not really, it's only a name change, their is no change to the Terms and Conditions you signed up to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looking at the T&Cs it refers to Emobile. Being pedantic if the T&Cs change to EirMobile thats a change in the T&S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Tow

It is a change of contract. When Midland Bank re branded as HSBC many of their software providers charged them millions to buy new licences. HSBC ran it through the courts and lost their case.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So wait.. if that's true then anyone availing of any previously eircom (group) service - mobile, broadband, landline, TV - who's in a contract would have the right to cancel without penalty today, right?

I can't see them having not thought of that...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I imagine the company 'eMobile' will continue to exist with existing contracts being fulfilled. New contracts will be with EirGo. eMobile will use the EirGo network. Or something similar this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Tow

Eir... I suppose it depends on if they change the actual company name or just the trading name.

Update: They are still called eircom Limited. Eir is just a trading name.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

And no more PAYG either it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Will meteor continue to exist? Will it too be called eirgo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

eirgo huh? Reminds me of this....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just got a text to say my service will be updated to Eir. 

Any reps going to respond? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Your all still in contract! Changing name of a company does not void a contract!

booooring! wrote: »
    Your all still in contract! Changing name of a company does not void a contract!
    It changes the T&Cs of the contract which is a reason for voiding a contract. From what I have read EU regulation 17 and 14 allows for people to withdraw from contracts if the T&Cs are changed (either positively or negatively) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

godtabh wrote: »
    It changes the T&Cs of the contract which is a reason for voiding a contract. From what I have read EU regulation 17 and 14 allows for people to withdraw from contracts if the T&Cs are changed (either positively or negatively) 

What terms and conditions have changed? You do realize that if eircom even sold the company to say Vodafone and they take over eircom they take control of all assets including contracts. If your data, calls package, monthly price has changed; then yes you can cancel.

Advertisement