Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indigo.ie account issue

Options
  • 16-09-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, my friend has an old indigo account that is being checked via yahoo mail that has stopped working. Have spoken to yahoo but to troubleshoot the issue wanted to set it up somewhere else or use that as a workaround. I know the mail settings but she is unsure of the password as there has not been any issues with it in the last ten years or so  

I read through all the other threads on this issue and asked her to call: 1530 277 100 as a non customer .She said she was asked to hold a few times, then told that they don't know how to do it. Then that it was for customers only as it cost money to reset the password and finally to take the pc to a computer shop so they could get the password (I assume by using some software to decrypt the existing password) which is obviously impossible since its yahoo mail. There was also a question of proof of ownership but this was an officially indigo account in the past (not go free) and we can provide information on emails up to sept 10th when it stopped working. 

Unfortunately she did not get the ticket number and is at a loss as to how to proceed since all emails are not accessible right now. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi, my friend has an old indigo account that is being checked via yahoo mail that has stopped working. Have spoken to yahoo but to troubleshoot the issue wanted to set it up somewhere else or use that as a workaround. I know the mail settings but she is unsure of the password as there has not been any issues with it in the last ten years or so  

I read through all the other threads on this issue and asked her to call: 1530 277 100 as a non customer .She said she was asked to hold a few times, then told that they don't know how to do it. Then that it was for customers only as it cost money to reset the password and finally to take the pc to a computer shop so they could get the password (I assume by using some software to decrypt the existing password) which is obviously impossible since its yahoo mail. There was also a question of proof of ownership but this was an officially indigo account in the past (not go free) and we can provide information on emails up to sept 10th when it stopped working. 

Unfortunately she did not get the ticket number and is at a loss as to how to proceed since all emails are not accessible right now. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.
    I will chase this to see what can be done indigoissue, but if she has contacted 1530 277 100 and was advised they could not help there may be nothing I can do. I will be back soon.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3 indigoissue

Thank you, I know this is seriously legacy stuff and there might not be much knowledge around it left but any assistance would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Thank you, I know this is seriously legacy stuff and there might not be much knowledge around it left but any assistance would be great.
    I have been advised by tech that We are only able to verify ownership of indigo accounts if they are being directly accessed from an eir connection.
    We would not be able to in this case if it was yahoo accessing it.
    Sorry I could not offer any further help indigioissue.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3 indigoissue

Hi Tony,

This account was created before Eircom took over indigo and I have access to 10 years worth of mail. It was not a gofree account but one that was paid for at creation (was connected to a dial up account). We can provide indentification for the owner (is in her name) and also multiple subject lines from mails etc. Surely if someone can access the account or logs then we can easily prove it. If we accessed via Eircom would be no different as it is just a connection to a pop server regardless as to what network is used (since there is no webmail)

Eircom never notified of an end of support for these accounts and to be told now that's it just because it is failing seems unreasonable to me.

Is it possible to get this issue escalated? I understand as non customers it is not so important but this is a main email account for 10 years so no access is having a hugely detrimental affect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Given that there's absolutely no relation between Eir connections and Indigo accounts, are you now suggesting that not only can you not manage your own infrastructure, but if you could, you'd allow Indigo accounts to be hijacked by anyone on an Eir connection?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Tony,

This account was created before Eircom took over indigo and I have access to 10 years worth of mail. It was not a gofree account but one that was paid for at creation (was connected to a dial up account). We can provide indentification for the owner (is in her name) and also multiple subject lines from mails etc. Surely if someone can access the account or logs then we can easily prove it. If we accessed via Eircom would be no different as it is just a connection to a pop server regardless as to what network is used (since there is no webmail)

Eircom never notified of an end of support for these accounts and to be told now that's it just because it is failing seems unreasonable to me.

Is it possible to get this issue escalated? I understand as non customers it is not so important but this is a main email account for 10 years so no access is having a hugely detrimental affect.
    Hi indigoissue, 

I understand your frustration with this. 

Can you confirm if you have  moved premises since you have set up this email address? 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement