Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract extension

Options
  • 16-09-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice.

I am coming to the end of a year lease with my landlord and myself and another guy want to stay on, where two other housemates want to move out.

We've agreed with the landlord to stay on but we need to find two new housemates to put onto the contract extension. I should mention that the landlord has dementia and is communicating through the power or attorney via the estate agent.

They have yet to come back to me with regards with the new rent (if any) despite my having said we wanted to stay on 3 weeks ago. Now, it is 3 weeks until the next rent is due but I haven't been able to advertise the rooms as I don't know what the rent is.

The estate agents have said they understand my frustrations and are doing all they can to get this information.

What rights to I have here?

Thanks

Advertisement