Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas to make beauty salon busy

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Make sure that both your website and facebook page are well maintained. If I visit a website and the information is out of date, or there are dead links, I'll move on. Make sure your price list, opening hours and location are clearly visible. Similarly, poor grammar and spelling on a Facebook page totally puts me off. I see it as a sign of poor attention to detail and lack of care - two things I don't want from a business! If needs be, ask someone to proofread everything, as it can be easy to miss errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Agreed. Keep your facebook page up to date. Make sure to take pictures of your work done, and check with the client if you can put up the pic and tag them in it.
    Eg Mary gets her make up done. Salon puts a pic on fb and tags her in it. Mary's friends see her pic of her lovely make up and Emma "like"s it. Pic then shows on Angela's newfeed that Emma likes this pic.
    See where this is going...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Also, opening hours. If you can stay open after people finish work, I'd say it would be very busy in the evenings. It can be very hard to find places that are open after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

Hi beautyb! Can you pm me your details please? On the look out for somewhere to get nails done!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Pm me too please. Drop fliers into local school staff rooms. You could get some regulars there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

My geography isn't the best, but DIT have a campus at Grangegorman, you could try reaching out to them. What about Aughrim Street Credit Union? Also try approaching some of the local doctors surgeries to see if you could leave cards etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

I'd third the idea of avoiding Groupon or the like. I've seen it happen a number of times where it may get people in the door, but they don't come back (and I've been guilty of doing this myself - you just end up getting the next Groupon for the next deal in the next place).

Mine isn't as good a suggestion as others, as it may be harder to get it to work, but if you have a lot of experience in your area, you could try submitting a piece (rather than an advert) to local newspapers / radio stations. You could talk about changing trends in beauty. The emergence / popularity of treatments / what is a fad, and what has become a staple and what has fallen by the wayside. Get your name out as somebody who knows about this stuff.

The best of luck! You're still in early days, but you're dead right to be as proactive as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I've recently opened a salon myself(not in Dublin) and I have had huge success with promoting my Facebook page. You can pick who your target audience is, age group, gender, location etc and you can set a daily budget which determines how many people your post reaches. You should set yourself a €10 or €20 budget every week to promote on Facebook.

Also, is there many offices/businesses etc. Around your salon? Why not print up some discount cards and hand them in to all these places and tell them their staff get discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Which end of the phibsboro road are you on? Is there parking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

To b honest I'd be inclined to say gels are a complete time sink.
    If you don't have gels that means you'll need to pay for a course and materials.
    Then you practice, and you'll have a speed at the start of approx 2 hours for a set of gels. You can charge what, 50 for gels? I know my lady charges me 40 for mine. That's 25 euro per hour.

In 1 hour you can do
    2 shellacs @ 30 euro per set
    4 shape and tints @ 20 euro (if not more)
    1 refill for eyelashes @ 60 euro

You're losing money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement