Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowerhill, Navan

Options
  • 16-09-2015 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,
    I am looking at a house in Flowerhill Navan. However I work in Dublin & the traffic situation getting to & from there there the couple of times Ive been seems to be brutal. Anyone any experience of the area & the traffic. The other day when I came out I could only do a left turn & got completely lost then. Im not that familliar with the area.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Little traffic on Flower hill and the Dublin Road N/M3s (well until you get to Blanchardstown and the M50 in the mornings - that can be a different stroy).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

There shouldn't be any traffic in the mornings if you are leaving Navan at a descent hour to commute - as bladespin has mentioned it's around Blanchardstown where the problem start. The main traffic around Flowerhill and generally the whole bypass road there is usually around peak times and schools times and is busy enough most evenings!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

We're driving to Blanch every morning from Johnstown.

Traffic starts to back up just after the toll coming from Navan, at the Clonee exit. We leave at 7:25, we get there at 7:45. We need to take that exit so no issues for us, but if you need to get from Blanch to the city at that time, it will take you another 45 minutes to get to the city I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

I've notciced the traffic around the M50 and feeders seems to follow a weird pattern, if I'm in the office (Ballymount) I can leave home Proudstown Rd. at 8.10 and be in for 9 but if I'm travelling early 7-7:30 the traffic is much heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

bladespin wrote: »
    I've notciced the traffic around the M50 and feeders seems to follow a weird pattern, if I'm in the office (Ballymount) I can leave home Proudstown Rd. at 8.10 and be in for 9 but if I'm travelling early 7-7:30 the traffic is much heavier.

Interesting.

Maybe all people figure that leaving later is trouble, so now everyone leaves early, causing rush hour to be earlier too. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement