Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light bulbs burning out quickly

Options
  • 16-09-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭

Quick query.

We have a storage cupboard/room in our apartment (which is currently have rented out) that has a bog standard pendent light fitting hanging from the ceiling, this light is never switched on for long as its only used as a storage area, but for whatever reason the bulbs (60W) burn very brightly & don't last very long, a few weeks at best. Any idea what could be causing this & is there any simple way of addressing it? The tenant has been on complaining that the bulbs are having to be replaced by her way too often & want us to get an electrician in to fix it...

any idea's?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

its probably the witches broom (sweeping brush) that sucks the light away.

LED.
    LED.
    LED.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

I came across two problems that had caused early failure of light bulbs.
    The first was caused by a small unvented glass type lamp shade that caused the bulb to overheat.
    The second (and I think perhaps more likely in your case) was caused by vibration due to the slamming of a nearby door.
    There is often an air hole over the ceiling rose (where the wires pass through) and sometimes in a well sealed room, when the door is quickly closed, there is a blast of air through the rose.(possibly causing the bulb to vibrate etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dufftronic

as above, but are they cheap lamps in the first place?

Advertisement