Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Savings Accounts

• 16-09-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Are there any negative implications to having a few separate savings accounts?
    I'm with Ulster bank and have their instant access account on my mobile/internet banking, but find it's too easy to dip into. I'm planning on putting €500 a month into a Nationwide UK (Ireland) regular saver as my main savings and approx. €100 a month into a KBC regular saver as miscellaneous savings, leaving the UB account for whatever else I might have.
    Is it a bad idea to split things like that re: credit ratings or getting a mortgage in a few years, or does it make a difference at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭fits

ITs just a slight pain in the ass when you are putting together your mortgage application (i.e you need to provide statements from each account), but otherwise should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Agree with fits, no problems whatsoever in having numerous savings accounts once the savings are regular you just have to provide 6 months statements to whoever you are applying for a mortgage to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

benjamin d wrote: »
    Are there any negative implications to having a few separate savings accounts?
    I'm with Ulster bank and have their instant access account on my mobile/internet banking, but find it's too easy to dip into. I'm planning on putting €500 a month into a Nationwide UK (Ireland) regular saver as my main savings and approx. €100 a month into a KBC regular saver as miscellaneous savings, leaving the UB account for whatever else I might have.
    Is it a bad idea to split things like that re: credit ratings or getting a mortgage in a few years, or does it make a difference at all?

Funny that's exactly the set up I have at the moment.

I can't see why it would be a problem for getting a mortgage, it's only 2 extra sheets of paper. Once you have a record of savings it shouldn't matter where the savings are.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Cheers dudes, good to know I'll not be creating problems for myself down the line :)

Advertisement