Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones to Ballycoolin Business Park?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

I'm a new resident in Charlesland.

I was wondering if anybody in this forum knows if there is a shuttle or similar service to reach Ballycoolin Business Park.

I've been offered a job there and I was wondering how to avoid to drive every day for 110 km.

If I am forced to use the car do you know how long it takes during rush hours?

Thank you for you help
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If you leave around 7am, maybe 30 or 40 minutes
    If you leave from 710 or 715 it could take an hour plus.

Can be worse coming back, especially in poor weather or if there's a crash on the M50. Longest it took me was +3 hrs one day to get home.

Not aware of any shuttles, unless you get the dart to town and a bus from city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I think getting there by any sort of public transport would be very difficult to be honest. As for driving, depending on what you leave at. But also... every day is different, unfortunately and one accident any where M50 northbound is just going to throw any sort of times right out the window. At a guess, I would say to be in for 9, you'd want to leave by 7:30 (latest) and you'd be in the area of work for 8:30 - 40 (on a good day). Maybe a little earlier some days.

But leave after 7:30, and it could take longer than 60 mins to get there.

Yeah, probably not the sort of post you want to be reading. Hope someone has a happier more up beat post for you, but based on my experience, that's what you're looking at I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 B1r0

Thanks Taltos for your reply.

I was hoping in a shuttle, but I guess there aren't the numbers to run such a service.

What about if I leave home later, say 9am, would it be out of rush hours and come back earlier near 5pm?

Thansk,
    r

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Near 9 - you should skip most, I think a guy from Bray does that and makes it in around 30 min.
    As to 5pm - basically it starts building from say 430pm onwards and just gets bad no matter what.

Suggest you learn some of the back routes for the days the M50 is a parking log.
    There are a few - but not to be used during snow/ice unless you've a 4WD, saw a few forced off the road in the snow earlier this year including a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Taltos wrote: »
    Near 9 - you should skip most, I think a guy from Bray does that and makes it in around 30 min.
    As to 5pm - basically it starts building from say 430pm onwards and just gets bad no matter what.

Suggest you learn some of the back routes for the days the M50 is a parking log.
    There are a few - but not to be used during snow/ice unless you've a 4WD, saw a few forced off the road in the snow earlier this year including a bus.

care to share some of these back routes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I do an 8-4 in ballycoolin and leave about 7:15 get home about 4:50 most days

Days I have to do 9-5 I am still leaving about 7:45 because of the traffic.

usually through the glen and as far as bray south

After 9 should be fine most days

Coming home I find that leaving after 4:20 adds about 20-30 mins to my travel time.

If I had the choice I would do an 8-4 or a 10-6 shift.

Advertisement