Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - wordpress - beginner query

Options
  • 16-09-2015 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

I have a question - i know the solution must be so simple its crazy but i cant work it out.

I am trying to put together a very basic website. I have created posts and pages but what i need is like you see on other websites - you know all the tabs across the top with lots of new posts entered in each one as i build up on my content. I would like to be updating a different tab/heading/section with a new piece of content ( text/photo/video) every day or so but i am stuck.

Its like each section/heading is just a page and i can only put one entry in each not multiple.

Almost like a new blog post under each heading - but i cant create them as headings.
    I know it must be so stupid but i cant work it out.

any advice or help would be great.

Also, when i go to plugins - its just immediately goes to Want to add a store to your site......... upgrade now. and i cant do anything with plug ins.

Thank you so much in advance,

Aisling
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

belliboo wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a question - i know the solution must be so simple its crazy but i cant work it out.

I am trying to put together a very basic website. I have created posts and pages but what i need is like you see on other websites - you know all the tabs across the top with lots of new posts entered in each one as i build up on my content. I would like to be updating a different tab/heading/section with a new piece of content ( text/photo/video) every day or so but i am stuck.

Its like each section/heading is just a page and i can only put one entry in each not multiple.

Almost like a new blog post under each heading - but i cant create them as headings.
    I know it must be so stupid but i cant work it out.

any advice or help would be great.

Also, when i go to plugins - its just immediately goes to Want to add a store to your site......... upgrade now. and i cant do anything with plug ins.

Thank you so much in advance,

Aisling

Are you on Wordpress.com or have you actually downloaded Wordpress from Wordpress.org and installed it on a web server etc...

I've used WP a lot. Sounds like you just need to be shown a few basics and maybe install the right theme. If you PM me the address I could take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 belliboo

Thank you Fukuyama.

I sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 8 belliboo

Hey, i think i got it sorted. Thanks for offering to help.

Advertisement