Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dynamo Zagreb vs Arsenal

Comments

Soups123 wrote: »
    Giroud lets us down too many times in different ways on and off the pitch

Not the only one tonight. The whole team look like they're there to make up numbers. It's absolutely abysmal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Utterly crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ref is shocking there lads. No way is that a yellow card.

This. Under no circumstances is that a second yellow. Terrible refereeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Knives out for Giroud on here yet again I see.

he has put us in a massive hole to even get out of the group now. And an hour with ten just before Chelsea at the weekend. Has been rubbish for near on 6 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Don't think there's much debate that he deserves it this time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I would say there were whole lot performing worse the Giroud prior to his soft dismissal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Giroud was providing nothing, won't even know he's gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm only reading the minute by minute but holy crap...I'm so utterly dejected. A blind man can see what's wrong with arsenal.

Was I the only one who thought Giroud had the look of a man likely to get sent off tonight? He looks perpetually narked.

He did look very agitated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Kirby wrote: »
    He just got himself sent off. There is no excuse for that. He's a forward. Shut your mouth and do your job, ya know?

Ridiculous for the first card but that second foul is never a yellow card. The ref is a clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Usual suspects will defend him no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

efb wrote: »
    Who should be? He did score at the weekend and had a very good header saved here

The sad thing is he is our best and only #9 which is saying something. He hasnt been great since March now we all know it.

keano_afc wrote: »
    This. Under no circumstances is that a second yellow. Terrible refereeing.

It was a silly lazy challenge. The ref has been poor yes but Giroud didn't help himself but getting the most stupid first yellow card for mouthing off at the ref. Once he did that he was going to be in his crosshairs

I would have brought on Walcott at HT had he not been dismissed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Giroud is a wally.

No excuses. The very least you have to be is professional and he cant even do that.

You can't blame Arsene for Giroud being a fcukin bell end

Can blame him for leaving him on the pitch when he's going around like Joey Barton sans talent.

Im defending him on the fact he has been unfairly sent off and people on here talking ****e saying he shouldnt be anywhere near our team. Laughable stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I would say there were whole lot performing worse the Giroud prior to his soft dismissal

You would

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Awful tripe. lets get a draw here at least and move on

• Advertisement

You can't rely on Giroud.

I still think Arsenal could get something from this

Can blame him for leaving him on the pitch when he's going around like Joey Barton sans talent.

Joey Barton,he got two yellows and only made one tackle

His attitude fcuked us over tonight not his foul player. Yellows that sum him up really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He was poor yes but by no means should have been sent off.

Quazzie wrote: »
    You would

Yes. Our Full backs and AOC for one

Im defending him on the fact he has been unfairly sent off and people on here talking ****e saying he shouldnt be anywhere near our team. Laughable stuff.

Do you think he is good enough to lead the line for Arsenal. We've created more chances per game than any other team in Europe but we've barely scored. How do you explain that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Usual suspects will attack him

• Advertisement

At least they might be able to do something in the 2nd half. Or make way for someone who can be useful.

omega man wrote: »
    Awful tripe. lets get a draw here at least and move on

Have to at least get a draw here. Was never going to be an easy game and hope to f*ck the Greeks do us a favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Well that was disastrous haha

Theo on please, wenger should slap the head of debuchy at half time too. Sanchez and Cazorla equally shíte

Unfairly??? He deserves it for his stupidity and attitude all half. He isn't mentally strong enough for a top team

Getting sent off during an uneventful first half is criminal, you can't defend that

Do you think he is good enough to lead the line for Arsenal. We've created more chances per game than any other team in Europe but we've barely scored. How do you explain that?

Did all of those fall to Giroud?

• Advertisement

Joey Barton,he got two yellows and only made one tackle

His attitude fcuked us over tonight not his foul player. Yellows that sum him up really
    Meant more the going on like an arsehole who wants to be sent off.

Would still be disappointed if we don't get a draw from here.

keano_afc wrote: »
    He was poor yes but by no means should have been sent off.

I agree put he carried on like a fool and put himself in this position

I have said already he shouldnt be our no.1 striker. He doesnt suit our style of play. Is that his fault? No. For a lad who has scored 43 times in 102 games for the club I think he deserves a bit more respect.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Usual suspects will attack him

I'm one who usually backs him

For most of the games he has been our sole striker. If they're not falling to him, he's been failing at a whole different side of his game.

Did the one-yarder tonight fall to him? :P

I agree put he carried on like a fool and put himself in this position

I agree 100% with this. Giroud's typical petulance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Bet he scores though.

Not on the pitch he wont

It wasn't a clear chance the goalie was there too. It wasn't an open goal. They aren't scored 100% of the time 50% perhaps

I still think we'll get a draw at least if we come out and have a go

• Advertisement

Unfairly??? He deserves it for his stupidity and attitude all half. He isn't mentally strong enough for a top team

Getting sent off during an uneventful first half is criminal, you can't defend that

What about the rest of the team? Should we ignore that the rest of them look like they couldn't be arsed either? Giroud got the ball maybe twice in the box and put both of them on target. Were any other shots on target so far?

Moving away from Giroud, I think too many changes were made for the game. Gibbs and Debuchy look rusty and Arteta has given the ball away a few times as well.

I'd take off Ox put on Walcott

You mean the one yarder with the keeper half a yard away from him?

It wasn't a clear chance the goalie was there too. It wasn't an open goal. They aren't scored 100% of the time 50% perhaps
    You mean the one yarder with the keeper half a yard away from him?
    Lads seriously if yous are trying to say that wasn't a sitter then there's really no point engaging with yous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont think Giroud is good enough to lead the line and there are better strikers probably available but the reaction here is bordering on hysterical, granted he's been poor tonight, got himself sent off stupidly but he's now a twat, a waste of space, a donkey, an idiot, a clown that should fcuk off back to Montpellier, a dick, joey barton (ffs) an arsehole and a wally amongst other things.

Some of you are starting to sound like Liverpool fans

wonga77 wrote: »
    I dont think Giroud is good enough to lead the line and there are better strikers probably available but the reaction here is bordering on hysterical, granted he's been poor tonight, got himself sent off stupidly but he's now a twat, a waste of space, a donkey, an idiot, a clown that should fcuk off back to Montpellier, a dick, joey barton (ffs) an arsehole and a wally amongst other things.

Some of you are starting to sound like Liverpool fans

There isn't a striker available in world football better than him according to some on here.

What about the rest of the team? Should we ignore that the rest of them look like they couldn't be arsed either? Giroud got the ball maybe twice in the box and put both of them on target. Were any other shots on target so far?.

The rest have a chance to redeem themselves.

Lads seriously if yous are trying to say that wasn't a sitter then there's really no point engaging with yous.

**** it, forget Giroud. What other player has made any decent attempt on goal so far tonight? Has any player actually done anything resembling making a contribution to us scoring tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What happened was virtually identical to the Zagreb goal on both deflections went their way.

He was unlucky with the header too.

But stupid stupid from Giroud. Perhaps he didn't think it was a free kick but shrug your shoulders, maybe even throw your arms up in the air (not in the direction of the ref) and get on with it. Senior member of the squad and he should know better.

• Advertisement

There isn't a striker available in world football better than him according to some on here.

Who's available? If one available is better I always wanted to sign him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement