Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else's cats have a thing for shoes?

• 16-09-2015 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

1 of our guys loves to play with our shoes. He'll also sit on them, put his front paws in our slippers and wrestle a slipper/shoe when he finds them. My brother sometimes visits and whatever it is about his boots our fella will wind himself around my brothers legs as if he were on a stripper pole:D Just curious if anyone else's cats do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

One of my cats is shoe mad. Whenever we have guests she's straight over rubbing her face on their shoes, or if I take mine off she rolls around on top of them purring like a lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cream likes to use our shoes as an alternative to a scratching post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Thus made me laugh. When our dog was a few months old he was shoe mad. Every week a lady used to come to the house to swap notes on a project we were working on.
    The moment the lady would come in the puppy would go for the shoe laces. At the end up she started leaving her shoes outside the door but guess what he started to pull the socks off her then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

My pup is currently shoe crazy. I don't really mind as when I'm wearing slippers as they are a convenient toy but when I'm wearing proper shoes, she'll destroy the laces. It basically means I'm changing into slippers as soon as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

One of my 2 cats has. As soon as I take mine off she has her head buried in them but she only seems to do it to mine. She also has a thing for coffee, as soon as I leave a cup on the ground she comes over to smell it and then tries to hide it scrapping at the ground around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

My cats will both occasionally go over and smell my shoes, but don't seem to retain any interest in them. Cookie, however, will rub his face all over my feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

One of ours used to immediately pee in any empty shoes he saw.

Hugely hugely annoying, but as Rags is no longer with us, it would be a small price to pay to have him back...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had cats who, when they were kittens, used to sleep inside our shoes. I also used to have a mental cat who, aside from loving to play fetch at three in the morning, used to literally steal my shoes and carry them around the house and up and down the stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

My cat likes to rub on my shoes, especially when I come home from work. I wear a pair of birkenstock sandals around the house and they are her favourites, she loves rubbing all over them while purring loudly, so cute!

Advertisement