Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone apply for Mary I clerical officer

• 16-09-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

Positions a few weeks ago. There are aptiude tests tomorrow if you give an example of how they go. They are also being held on the 2nd October.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I wonder why is it considered desirable that a candidate have Irish?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Red King wrote: »

Because a huge section of the student body will be learning and training through Irish, I'd imagine. Lots of paper-work involved in both Arts (Gaeilge) and Education faculties, as well as curriculum development and various post-graduate courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Red King wrote: »
    To maintain the illusion that our first language has a relevance, most essential in academia.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jbkenn wrote: »
    To maintain the illusion that our first language has a relevance, most essential in academia.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

If you want to discuss Irish or it's merits, find a forum, if you want to discuss what's relevent within academia, find a forum, if you want to discuss a topic please feel free but expand further than simply a 1 word/icon reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mod edit
    Whatever you think of Irish, it is still an essential part of teacher training, in Mary I there is a huge Irish department alongside the Education Irish department, so naturally it is desirable for the person who takes this office to have at least some Irish. It seems obvious to me anyway, as usual people will use any opportunity to denigrate the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

where were these jobs advertised? Never saw it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

the mary i website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

Anyone successful?

Advertisement