Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The BT Goals Show

• 16-09-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

Is this the greatest TV show ever?

Like NFL Redzone mixed with Soccer Saturday mixed with Football Weekly. James Richardson proving again he's the best presenter in the business.

It's how I'll be watching the Champions League from now on. Top class.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

What channel is it on?

I couldn't find it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Came across it for the first time tonight, it really is fantastic. The discussion is head and shoulders above Soccer Saturday too.

Is it available free to non-BT customers every week or was this a once off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What channel is it on?

I couldn't find it tonight.

BT ESPN going to be on there for all of the champions league

This is just new to us here, other countries have been doing this for nearly 10 years just Sky went with goal alert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its very good but some issues:

They need a clock on the screen at all times.
    When someone is talking instead of the thing on the left they could have a feed video of that person.
    In time whoever is producing the video needs to be quicker and show the ball moving, few times last night they cut from a decent passage of play. It seems sketchy.

Didnt see all it tonight but its very good and should get better considering this was the 2nd one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I really didn't want to watch Arsenal game so went flicking at kick off and stumbled across it. Absolutely brilliant! Some goals tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Has it got Paul Merson though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It seems the guy who's going to talk about a goal is watching a replay before they cut to him, and then re-watching to "talk through it", they need to polish that up.

I don't think Honigstein is used to the "on the fly" reportage either, but he should get better.

Much better than ex-pros really.

Agree they need a clock and a video feed of the person talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

What day and time this on ?
    I cant find anything called "BT Goals show" on google.

Edit : Is it called

European Football Show
    ??

"James Richardson and guests review the best action from the Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its called Goal Show and its on BT/ESPN channel on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Is it possible to get this on UPC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

European Football Show
    ??

"James Richardson and guests review the best action from the Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1."

As far as I can gather it's on BT ESPN at the same time as the champions league is taking place. It's not unlike a version of soccer Saturday, except that you see all the goals and incidents as they happen, or close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Eurpean Football Show is on every Sunday on BT at 6.30pm, Richardson is usually joined by 3 journalists (usually from France, Italy & Germany) to discuss the news and results from those leagues. They do a goals round up too.

Ruchardson is the best soccer presenter out there imo! And his puns are so amazingly bad that they're great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

European Football Show
    ??

It is just for the Champions League games so every Tuesday and Wednesday nights the Champions League is on.

Instead of just watching guys watch the games like on Sky Sports you get to see the incidents and live action.

Unlike other sports the nature of football it can be hard at times to get a goal live unless it is from a set piece that they can cut away to.

This means you will not see a goal live unless they happen to be at the game at that very time.

But you will see the incidents as live as possible, you could tell last night in the Lyon game that it was like that even for a pen as one of them talked about the keeper being way off the line as they watched it live but those watching were seeing replays of the foul for the pen but they did not comment if it was a goal or a save.

Advertisement