Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for accutrigger?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Looking to get opinions on a replacement trigger for my savage 12 precision target action ... and where I could find one. The accutrigger on it is acting up and not due to being set too low.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 czgerry

hi dont know about a trigger but how do you find the 12 ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have you looked at SSS (Savage Shooter Supplies)? Was looking to them when i was considering changing mine. In the end i never changed.

What problems, if any, are ye having?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

czgerry wrote: »
    hi dont know about a trigger but how do you find the 12 ?

Its the heart of my FTR gun and to be honest I find it grand. Bolt lift is on the stiff side but if you place your fingers on the ejection port, thumb under bolt knob and use the Web between thumb and index to do the initial bolt lift, it can be lifted without disturbing it in the bags.

Just to clarify, the stiff bolt lift is referring to cocking the bolt when dry firing and not the result of firing a round thats too hot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Never had any problems with mine. However, if I were to change, I suppose I would look to the usual suspects: Timney or Rifle Basix to start.

FISMA. wrote: »
    Never had any problems with mine. However, if I were to change, I suppose I would look to the usual suspects: Timney or Rifle Basix to start.

Don't happen to know where I can get either here do you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I changed mine to a Rifle Basix SAV 2
    Weight of pull range: 4oz.-3.0lbs
    I find it great 4 oz. is a bit light for me but it's completely adjustable. They post straight to Ireland and it comes with written instructions and a DVD....

I find it great 4 oz. is a bit light for me but it's completely adjustable. They post straight to Ireland and it comes with written instructions and a DVD....

Cheers buddy, wasn't sure if they post to ireland or not

So I tried their website but no shipping option available out the USA and Canada. Emails have gone unanswered. Any UK sites I've been in touch with won't ship outside UK... anyone got any suggestions ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ship to the North, and collect it (or have it collected) from there. Make sure you use someone up there to order it too. I notice a few places have now said if there is a difference between the name on the payment method and the shipping address they won't process the order.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

bravestar wrote: »
    Don't happen to know where I can get either here do you ?

Sorry, but at the moment, no. If/when I find one, I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement