Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pot Noodles ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

FanadMan wrote: »
    You sure you don't mean this one?

Aye that was the one, bouncylouncy edited his post!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pot Noodles are vile things.
    I used to think they were glorious. But there was some Pot Noodle event in the college bar one time and me and the housemates blagged ourselves a few trays of pot noodles. We lived on them for a week or so. We all died a little on the inside that week.
    We even had to go shopping to find softer toilet paper.

Koka noodles are great though. The Knorr ones are the champion though. BarBQ Beef ones are righteous.
    But it is essential to eat them with the heel of a batch bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boom_Bap wrote: »

noodles sambos saw me through college!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

But how much do you really love noodles;

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

whiskeyman wrote: »
    noodles sambos saw me through college!

Oh yeah, ever escalate to a baguette and mix 2 different flavour noodles together. That's royal living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Oh yeah, ever escalate to a baguette and mix 2 different flavour noodles together. That's royal living.

Think I tried mixing the chicken and beef ones.

Another staple favourite were noodle toasties..... with cheese!

think I need to reminisce over the weekend and make one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Over 500 cals a pot - no wonder yer wan from gogglebox is the size she is

Isnt that actually a cup though? That looks like pot noodle. I think so because everytime she was on I was like 'how can she eat them all the time!' and then saw that it was just a cup.:confused:

I love koka black pepper noodles. they have quite a kick off them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

They're horrible. They're hard in texture, not soft like noodles should be.
    And they taste so synthetic.
    Chicken flavour Supernoodles are the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I ate/drank 2 chicken and mushroom ones in a row a few years ago when I got home pissed. I never had such bad heartburn in my life afterwards

Update

You were indeed correct. I had a chicken and mushroom pot noodle last night and it was damn nice, but I woke up this morning with really bad heart-burn as well, it was pretty bad.

You were dead right. Looks like I'll stick with the beef one as I never got the heart-burn from those ones. Chicken and mushroom is a fail.

• Advertisement

Pot Noodles are vile things.
    I used to think they were glorious. But there was some Pot Noodle event in the college bar one time and me and the housemates blagged ourselves a few trays of pot noodles. We lived on them for a week or so. We all died a little on the inside that week.
    We even had to go shopping to find softer toilet paper.

Koka noodles are great though. The Knorr ones are the champion though. BarBQ Beef ones are righteous.

I'll have to try that one soon, sounds nice. I will leave my report thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I remember one of the ads from them freaked me out. It was real life, but the people were cartoons. This kid gets his tongue stuck on a metal pole because it's really cold and his mum goes inside. Then she makes herself a pot noodle and starts stuffing her face while the kid's outside in the cold looking like a numpty. At the end it just goes, "It's all about me, me, me."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Never had one, and never will. They're for poor students, stoners, and idiots who wouldn't even know how turn on the cooker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Bombay Bad Boy would be the nicest ones.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Never had one, and never will. They're for poor students, stoners, and idiots who wouldn't even know how turn on the cooker.

Oh look at you up there livin all fancy.

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Funny you may say that, I worked as a cook for 3 years in the past, I know how to cook great meals, but the lazy snack pot noodle comes in handy now and again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Always liked the pot noodles as a teen, but not really into them anymore. Beef & Tomato was always the best one. My favourite potted dried noodle snack however, was the hawaiian flavoured Knorr Quick Lunch. My god the day they stopped making that flavour was a bad one. Every so often I take a quick look to see if it's back, but no...

These days though, I like the Koka curry flavoured ones - nice and cheap but are deadly as a cure after a night on the batter. The wife hates all forms of noodles and mocks me upon every turn so I usually just sneakily have them when she's not around. However, I do feel slightly embarrassed at the till for buying any processed noodle, tbh. It's not a great dietry supplement for a man in his mid 30's. I feel like a bum when buying them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement