Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free? Sky sports and Movies

Options
  • 17-09-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Eircom, or eir as you are now known...

on 8th August 2015 I rang eircom to add Sky Sports free for one month as advertised. I also added the free BT sports package for two months and the agent on the phone kindly talked me into adding Sky Movies as well as it was also free for one month.

I was advised to call back between the 1st and 7th of September 2015 to cancel the Sky packages if I wished before the 'month' was up. I was also further advised to call back between the 1st and 7th October to cancel BT sports if I didn't wish to carry on with that service.

I called your call centre on the 7th of this month to cancel and was subsequently advised by the agent that I actually only had 28 days to reply, not a 'month' and I should have called back by September 5th. Obviously this was news to me, but the agent advised me that 'if there is a charge on my account just call back and whoever you get will be able to see the note I'm leaving on your account and they can credit the money back to you'. 

This was fine I thought, I will get charged for a month of Sky Sports and Movies but when I call it will get credited back to me... Imagine my dismay when I log into my account this evening and see that not only does it appear that I have been charged for TWO months Sky sports and movies (the original free 'month' and the second 'month' which started 28 days later) but I have also been charged for TWO months BT sports... which was supposed to be free for two months according to your advertising.

So now my bill (which was issued on 7th September, so your agent should have been able to advise me of all this but chose not to) comes to a grand total of 190.64... which will be taken out by direct debit by September 21st. This is quite a hefty jump up from my usual bill of 67.99 and your company will be very lucky if the direct debit is honoured by my bank.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to rectify this, my 18 month contract finishes in December and at this stage I would need a really great reason to stay with eir...

Regards
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

JamBar123 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom, or eir as you are now known...

on 8th August 2015 I rang eircom to add Sky Sports free for one month as advertised. I also added the free BT sports package for two months and the agent on the phone kindly talked me into adding Sky Movies as well as it was also free for one month.

I was advised to call back between the 1st and 7th of September 2015 to cancel the Sky packages if I wished before the 'month' was up. I was also further advised to call back between the 1st and 7th October to cancel BT sports if I didn't wish to carry on with that service.

I called your call centre on the 7th of this month to cancel and was subsequently advised by the agent that I actually only had 28 days to reply, not a 'month' and I should have called back by September 5th. Obviously this was news to me, but the agent advised me that 'if there is a charge on my account just call back and whoever you get will be able to see the note I'm leaving on your account and they can credit the money back to you'. 

This was fine I thought, I will get charged for a month of Sky Sports and Movies but when I call it will get credited back to me... Imagine my dismay when I log into my account this evening and see that not only does it appear that I have been charged for TWO months Sky sports and movies (the original free 'month' and the second 'month' which started 28 days later) but I have also been charged for TWO months BT sports... which was supposed to be free for two months according to your advertising.

So now my bill (which was issued on 7th September, so your agent should have been able to advise me of all this but chose not to) comes to a grand total of 190.64... which will be taken out by direct debit by September 21st. This is quite a hefty jump up from my usual bill of 67.99 and your company will be very lucky if the direct debit is honoured by my bank.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to rectify this, my 18 month contract finishes in December and at this stage I would need a really great reason to stay with eir...

Regards
    James
    Hi James, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll have a look at this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JamBar123

Hi Tracey,

PM sent.

Regards
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭kooga

i have noticed that if you are mid billing cycle and you avail of a free offer, you are charged from that date to your next bill. The free month then starts. So when the month is up and you cancel you are then recredited back.

kooga wrote: »
    i have noticed that if you are mid billing cycle and you avail of a free offer, you are charged from that date to your next bill. The free month then starts. So when the month is up and you cancel you are then recredited back.
    Hi Kooga, yes that sounds familiar, something similar happened at the start of my contract when I was due six months free broadband. The deal however, is not advertised this way: it is advertised as 'one month free', not 'pay us for a month and we'll pay you back!'. If I had been told this on application there would be no problem, also if I had been told in advance that it was a '28-day month' then this would be fine too.
    Anyway thanks for your input, I patiently await a reply to my PM!

I received a reply from Tracey today who advised that my next bill will have the overcharged amount refunded to me... the total was deducted from my account today - beans on toast until payday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭kooga

I received a reply from Tracey today who advised that my next bill will have the overcharged amount refunded to me... the total was deducted from my account today - beans on toast until payday![/quote

It's very frustrating I had evision and availed of the offers but in the end as my bills were all over the place I cancelled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

I received a reply from Tracey today who advised that my next bill will have the overcharged amount refunded to me... the total was deducted from my account today - beans on toast until payday!
    I am glad at least this was answered and sorry that you are now stuck with beans on toast. If this does not appear on next bill let us know immediately.
    Tony

Advertisement