Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre promised ages ago - still nowhere near it seems

Options
  • 17-09-2015 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Had a phone call with a rep about 2 years ago and was told fibre would be available soon in my area, which is about 2 miles outside one of the biggest towns in East Cork and 1 mile from a village which has 2 fibre boxes installed.

I would love to know if there is any chance of getting anything higher than what we are getting right now, which is a paltry 2.5mb on average on a line than can only carry 3.5mb. I don't expect anything to change even with all this rebranding. 

Any help a rep could give would be very helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Corholio wrote: »
    Had a phone call with a rep about 2 years ago and was told fibre would be available soon in my area, which is about 2 miles outside one of the biggest towns in East Cork and 1 mile from a village which has 2 fibre boxes installed.

I would love to know if there is any chance of getting anything higher than what we are getting right now, which is a paltry 2.5mb on average on a line than can only carry 3.5mb. I don't expect anything to change even with all this rebranding. 

Any help a rep could give would be very helpful. Thanks.
    Hi Corholio, 

Feel free to PM me your details and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Replied to you there now Tracey.

Still haven't heard anything back from this, or a reply to my PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Apologies for the delays Corholio

Tracey Is not available until Monday so if you would like to PM me the details I will be happy to follow up on this and get back to you tomorrow morning

Cheers
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »

Tracey Is not available until Monday so if you would like to PM me the details I will be happy to follow up on this and get back to you tomorrow morning

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan, thanks for the reply. Just PM'd you there.

• Advertisement

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you Corholio

I'll get back to you tomorrow morning.

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you Corholio

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you Corholio

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you
    Hi Corholio

I know I said I would get back to you this morning but I'm still awaiting more info from networks. They seem quite busy at the moment but as soon as I have this I'll let you know right away.

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you Corholio

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you
    Hi Corholio

I know I said I would get back to you this morning but I'm still awaiting more info from networks. They seem quite busy at the moment but as soon as I have this I'll let you know right away.

Cheers
    Al
    Ok sure. I presume it will still be today though of course.

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you Corholio

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you
    Hi Corholio

Cheers
    Al
    Ok sure. I presume it will still be today though of course.
    Thanks Corholio - Yes it should be today.

Al

• Advertisement

Any update on this?

Haven't heard anything at all.

Any update on this?

Haven't heard anything at all.
    Hi Corholio

I'm very sorry for these delays,

Networks have got back to me with more information and I have looked in to this in detail too.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I'm sorry to say that I have had confirmation from our efibre networks team your line is too far from the cabinet to avail of efibre speeds.

The distance of your line from the cabinet MDN1_010 (located on Broderick street) is beyond the 2Km range bearing in mind that lines are not wired as the crow flies. Unfortunately eircom will be unable to offer you efibre broadband and I'm also very sorry to confirm that we will be unable to offer you an indication of when to expect efibre broadband within the next two years.

I really wish I could offer you better news, apologies for the disappointment.

One thing I have also noticed is that there is an external fault on your line which I feel could be contributing connection loss of your broadband. I have logged this up to be repaired within the next three working days.

Thanks
    AL[/font]

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply, and it's as expected to be honest. That was probably the last throw of the dice now.

About the external fault, this is the first time I have heard this. Is it possible to tell me more about this?

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply, and it's as expected to be honest. That was probably the last throw of the dice now.

About the external fault, this is the first time I have heard this. Is it possible to tell me more about this?
    Hi Corholio

Yes, I'm sorry I can't offer better news.

The external fault is basically an issue with the line itself - somewhere along it's path from your home to the exchange. In some cases it these can create complete connection loss and even slower than usual speeds. It does not look like it's having a large affect on your service but if left unattended to it could in the future so i thought it best to log it to technicians before it does.

Al

Advertisement