Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens spc zone reading null

Options
  • 17-09-2015 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

What does it mean when a zone on a Siemens spc panel is reading back a (null) value in the log? Is it just the resistance is somewhere between open and closed? Or something different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

If you have dual end of line resistors on that particular zone, then it cannot see the value of those resistors therefore you have an open tamper condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Ahh ok, so its an issue with the tamper switch/circuit. There was two sensors on that zone and I split each onto a separate zone. So its either a break on one of the wires form the panel or at the tamper switch.

I'm quite new to the Europlex/SPC, so i would of thought a "Tamper" would of been thrown like the other systems i've seen.

Advertisement