Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on the manbun

• 17-09-2015 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

I'm seeing a lot of these around lately. What do you think of the mun ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's a haircut, I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

It looks very something with the keffiyeh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's a 'mun'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

It's stupid looking. Someone should go around cutting them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

That would be pretty scummy thing to do tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A what

That would be pretty scummy thing to do tbf

And also quite funny tbf. It's only hair. It'll grow back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Meh

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I call it the douchebag knot, worn exclusively by douchebags

Ps, what's with all the threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ah yes. Hallmark of hep young New Meeja types and general-purpose galoots. Since their primary source of food and water, the Bang & Olufsen store in Douglas, closed down you don't see very many of them around here, I believe most of them migrated to Rathfarnham. They'd prefer to be closer to Ballsbridge but playing with your iPhone while scowling at customers doesn't pay as much as you might initially think. :pac:

• Advertisement

And also quite funny tbf. It's only hair. It'll grow back.

Would it be funny if it was a womans ?

I call it the douchebag knot, worn exclusively by douchebags

Ps, what's with all the threads?

I wouldn't be a big fan of long hair tbh though i do think that the manbun looks a lot neater than having there hair down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

On some men they are attractive. But anyone who has one in Ireland, that I gave seen has been fat, ugly and overweight.

newacc2015 wrote: »
    On some men they are attractive. But anyone who has one in Ireland, that I gave seen has been fat, ugly and overweight.

Are you sure they weren't Sumo wrestlers?

Would it be funny if it was a womans ?

A woman wouldn't have a manbun.

A woman wouldn't have a manbun.

She'd have her hair tied up ?

It's a 'mun'.

No it sodding-well isn't. If it was, then on a woman it'd be called a "wun" and she'd also have "woobs".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

It's funny how most of the kunts with this style would never have it if it didn't become a trend...same goes for the undercut. Some of them would probably have even laughed at it.

People should really just go to a stylist and get a cut that the professional suggests that suits their face shape and look etc. rather than trying to jump on the next trend that comes along and getting a cut that more than likely doesn't suit them. Manbuns only look good on guys who are good looking enough to pull off any haircut anyway, basically models really.

jimgoose wrote: »
    No it sodding-well isn't. If it was, then on a woman it'd be called a "wun" and she'd also have "woobs".

Some men have muns and moobs ;)

Some women have "Hun buns". Usually seen in/around jervis street.

• Advertisement

Some women have "Hun buns". Usually seen in/around jervis street.

Is that the same as a Scobe's Facelift?

Hahahaha yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have no idea what ye are talking about.. and yet I'm strangely content that I'm not "with" whatever this latest fashion trend/disaster is :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Don't care

you don't like em don't get one, easiest solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Patww79 wrote: »
    Gob****es. Even more so when coupled with a beard.

Awh, are you bald and can't grow facial hair?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Awh, are you bald and can't grow facial hair?

My sentiments exactly. Lot of bald bitter men in here lolz

Not sure how genuine it is though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Belongs in the how do you know someone is a wanker thread.

• Advertisement

Beards always remind me of rohl dahls book the twits.
    http://tinypic.com/r/2rgfhx0/8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Beards always remind me of rohl dahls book the twits.
    http://tinypic.com/r/2rgfhx0/8

Looks like a few people I know :pac:

Not sure how genuine it is though!

Someone should shave off his bum fluff mustache, noob...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Had to look it up, but whats the problem, its a hairstyle? Why would anyone care what someone else does with their hair? I think its ok looking, but the pics I saw were all of model type men so I suppose they would look good. Ok so you don't like it, you don't have to have one!

looksee wrote: »
    Had to look it up, but whats the problem, its a hairstyle? Why would anyone care what someone else does with their hair? I think its ok looking, but the pics I saw were all of model type men so I suppose they would look good. Ok so you don't like it, you don't have to have one!

The feeling I get around here is it doesn't matter what hairstyle you have someone will think you're a gob****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

In the 1990s it was men with no hair and ponytails, and jackets with the sleeves pushed up to the elbows.
    Anyone with a man bun or any other fashion statement is to be pitied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its more that people should get what suits them that anything else.
    I saw a boy of about 12 with a severe undercut fair enough, but he has red wavy hair and lots of freckles, so he ended up with a sort of gingery triangle on the top of his head which he must have been trying to get lie flat.

My niece boyfriend has an average short back and sides because he has very curly hair and has obviously figured out what suits him instead of trying to follow fashion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i think people having opinions about things I don't have opinions about is ****ing ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Meh, its just a ridiculous passing fad, once McGregor or someone else gets a new hair cut we will see them disappear. People are sheep that are easily influenced by whatever is seen as "cool".

Personally I think it looks ridiculous but if people want to look like that then let them at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

The only hairstyle for men that I wouldn't like to see come back is 'tails'.
    They were only in for two years or so (in the late 80s) but God they were an awful blight.
    Never had one, as I was too busy sporting a sexy Patrick Swayze esque mullet myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

The only hairstyle for men that I wouldn't like to see come back is 'tails'.

They were only in for two years or so (in the late 80s) but God they were an awful blight.

1998 world cup when Romania decided they'd all bleach their hair and all of a sudden 20% of teenage males in Ireland decided to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Manbuns are only hot if you are Khal Drogo or Hozier. Or that ginger fella on How To Get A Council House :o

Balmed Out wrote: »
    1998 world cup when Romania decided they'd all bleach their hair and all of a sudden 20% of teenage males in Ireland decided to do the same.

I think that was Eminem influencing them there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

I love my manbun. I love that it seems to bother all you feckers so much too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I think that was Eminem influencing them there to be honest.

I dont think so, seemed to explode during and after the world cup. I dont think Eminem was popular for another year or so but I could be wrong, I certainly dont remember thinking he was a cause of the popularity of bleached hair that summer.

Advertisement