Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014/15 Rancilio Silvia Coffee Machines

• 17-09-2015 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

A heads up for owners of the above.
    I have my machine just over a year. Last month it started popping the ELCB. I had a check through the machine with a multimeter and found the element was faulty. I was surprised at this as I'd always been careful to refill the boiler after each use.
    On contacting the seller I was told that rancilios manufactured from early 2014 were showing regular faults with a newly designed bolt on element .. They offered to either send me the parts or have the machine sent back to them.
    I elected to do the work myself, not a difficult but quite fiddly job.
    Anyway, if you have bought a Rancilio in the last year and have problems this is most likely the way to go to get your machine back on the road.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Element went on my 2008 M/c years ago.

It had a brazed in element.

After a ton of searching found the http://coffeesnobs.com.au/ site where someone had bought an element for another machine and managed to machine the boiler housing to accept the new element.

The aussie site are a good source for DIY tips.

Advertisement