Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RWC '15: Pool A General Chat [AUS/ENG/WAL/FIJ/URU]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Ah here, the first crooked scrum feed of the WC is against Uruguay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

I can just picture the face on Gatland if Wales lost. Please Uruguay do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

They're certainly up for the game anyway.

The TV feed is very quiet alright. I suspect it's as loud there today as it was yesterday and that's not coming through the TV at all.

Would Uruguay be better off not engaging the maul at the lineouts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

12 man maul..... Dont think cheika and lancaster will need to do too much analysis for their games with wales

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    They're certainly up for the game anyway.

The TV feed is very quiet alright. I suspect it's as loud there today as it was yesterday and that's not coming through the TV at all.

They seem to have a problem getting the mix of the noise in the stadium and the noise of the commentators right. E.g. yesterday you couldn't hear the commentary during the Japan game as the crowd noise was so loud. Seems the opposite now today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Australia will thrash Wales and England imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Quinlan is right, another unnecessary use of the TMO. Even the ref said "I agree with you" (to the TMO). Just award it yourself without heading upstairs.

Liam williams in trouble

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Liam Williams hobbling around like an oul fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thought Wales were sealing there also.

There'll be cards soon if the offside and high tackles don't stop

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Uruguay clearly don't fancy themselves as an attacking force. Couple of times they could have maybe gone for the line and had a go for the try. Although no shame in taking the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Can they give the ref a keypad with a few options on it like:

"Try yes or no"
    "Any reason I cannot award the try"

etc - so they can have the message to the TMO immediately and not this crap waiting for the crowd to die down, "Bob can you hear me..." wasting 20 seconds per referral.

Stheno wrote: »
    There'll be cards soon if the offside and high tackles don't stop

Wales on a warning for the high tackles

• Advertisement

For the love of the divine.

TMO stops play in the middle of play!

Don't think I've seen that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Nothing in that ...

laugh wrote: »
    Nothing in that ...

Wonder would if have been called against a wales player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

It wasn't in the middle of play, but it was a similar case of the TMO initiating his own intervention that denied Healy's try yesterday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

laugh wrote: »
    Nothing in that ...

The TMO hadn't been called in a few minutes and wanted to remind everyone he was still there

• Advertisement

Uruguay no 8 does well at the scrums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

TMO should only interject if it is at least a yellow card offence.

Wales should be able to get the bonus point before half time.

It's been around for over a year now.

But it really should just be kept for serious offences. Like tip tackles or gouging.

It was a fairly ok clear out, it's impossible to bind properly onto players that low down. If we enforce that strictly it'll make quick ball a thing of the past.

.ak wrote: »

But it really should just be kept for serious offences. Like tip tackles or gouging.

It was a fairly ok clear out, it's impossible to bind properly onto players that low down. If we enforce that strictly it'll make quick ball a thing of the past.

Isn't that what citing is for though?

That said I saw this morning that a Fijian player has been cited for a tip tackle against England. It's presumably the one they reviewed about 10 times on the night and decided it was fine and yet he's been cited for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

When you say serious offences???
    Probably should be for red card offences only but if there is foul play should they not come in then?

Liam Williams is off.

Probably should be for red card offences only but if there is foul play should they not come in then?

Liam williams off. Might just be dead leg. Paul james off with ankle injury.

Wales very lacklustre so far

Isn't that what citing is for though?

That said I saw this morning that a Fijian player has been cited for a tip tackle against England. It's presumably the one they reviewed about 10 times on the night and decided it was fine and yet he's been cited for it.

What good is a citing to a team who's been cheated?

No I'm fully behind using the tmo in open play for serious acts of foul play. A citing is no good to anyone during play.

For me it should be anything worthy of a yellow that the ref has missed. I.e; tip tackles, punches thrown, cynical play to stop a try being scored etc.

A slightly shouldery clear out is not what it should be used for.

What good is a citing to a team who's been cheated?

No I'm fully behind using the tmo in open play for serious acts of foul play. A citing is no good to anyone during play.

Yeah, fair point. Particularly if it's a card offence.

Still, if there's going to be so much intervention from the TMO they really shouldn't have a citing happening especially from an incident they reviewed multiple times during the match.

• Advertisement

Wales are far from their best here. Can't see them doing much against England or Australia if they play like this.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

TMO is like that snitch of a neighbour ringing the cops every time you light a spliff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Wales made hard work of that bonus point. Good in patches, but making basic mistakes across the pitch. I don't think England or Australia will be too worried yet.

Reminding me a bit of our game... Although I think Uruguay playing a bit better with ball in hand, bit really poor in defence once it goes past 2 or 3 phases. Canada look a better standard and better drilled team. But BP secured before half time, job done. Bets they'll end up with 7 tries?

Reminding me a bit of our game... Although I think Uruguay playing a bit better with ball in hand, bit really poor in defence once it goes past 2 or 3 phases. Canada look a better standard and better drilled team. But BP secured before half time, job done. Bets they'll end up with 7 tries?
    I reckon they'll murder them in the last twenty

I reckon they'll murder them in the last twenty

They would settle for 0-0 in second half if they got no more injuries

Williams going off is a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

So Cardiff is in England now?

Why are there games in Cardiff and why are Wales allowed home advantage if the WC is in England?

It was the same in '07 when the WC was in France. Matches in Cardiff.

What's the reason for this?

Why are there games in Cardiff and why are Wales allowed home advantage if the WC is in England?

Not enough stadiums in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Not enough stadiums in England.

Wembley?

• Advertisement

Wembley?

This has been covered already, don't think the soccer folk will allow their stadiums be used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

This has been covered already, don't think the soccer folk will allow their stadiums be used

We're playing in Wembley next week... It's just how it panned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's not because there aren't enough stadiums in England. You can't move 5 feet without bumping into a giant stadium in England.

It's there for the same reason they played in Cardiff during the French world cup, its down to IRB (now WR) politics. Wales originally announced their intention to bid to host the 2015 World Cup themselves but pulled out when England included them in their own bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Greyian

Buying votes.

Wales agree to support England's WC bid, in exchange for hosting some matches.

It was voting. France got 07 because scotland and wales voted for them if they got home games.

Likewise wales promised votes for england if they got games in cardiff. England had plenty of stadiums, it was purely voting rights

Are there not games in Villa Park?
    Also Elland Road and Leicester.

That's a try for Tipuric. The ball went back and he touched it down with his torso.

• Advertisement

Cory allen ankle injury

Wales aren't allowed play Australia in Cardiff which is really the only time it might have given them an unfair advantage. Presumably Welsh fans won't be put off going to that match in large numbers anyway just because it's a few miles down the road. Look at our match yesterday, might as well have been a home game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Are there not games in Villa Park?
    Also Elland Road and Leicester.

That's a try for Tipuric. The ball went back and he touched it down with his torso.

Yeah and Wembley, St James' Park and Brighton

Commentators playing Rock Ballad Bingo there.
    Push it to the limit
    Living on the edge...

It's not because there aren't enough stadiums in England. You can't move 5 feet without bumping into a giant stadium in England.

It's there for the same reason they played in Cardiff during the French world cup, its down to IRB (now WR) politics. Wales originally announced their intention to bid to host the 2015 World Cup themselves but pulled out when England included them in their own bid.

Didn't know that thanks. :)
    aimee1 wrote: »
    Cory allen ankle injury

I know I don't like Gatland, but god I hope Wales get through this game with no more injuries. They are being decimated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement