Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RWC '15: Pool A General Chat [AUS/ENG/WAL/FIJ/URU]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

bilston wrote: »
    Because they're fit?

Missed a clear knock on from Matawalu there as well. Aussies turned it straight over after so it didn't matter.

Slipped up off the ball.

No intent. Good call.

Pocock.

Aussie maul looks good in attack, not Sao good in defence.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

10-3 Australia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Because they're fit?

The short turnaround is obviously affecting the underdogs :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fijian prop in the bin, another try for Australia

Pocock again from the maul.

Looking for another hat trick from mauls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Hooper and Pocock would be a nightmare to play against.

Fiji are so chaotic.

Just throwing bodies in all sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

For all their hype, Fiji look terrible. No ability to keep possession.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mother of God, the size of that number 11 for Fiji.

beertons wrote: »
    Mother of God, the size of that number 11 for Fiji.

He's monstrous. Weighs 20 stone.

And he's a placekicker.

Half time 18-3 to Australia.

Is it just me or is this a rather dull game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Stheno wrote: »
    He's monstrous. Weighs 20 stone.

And he's a placekicker.

Half time 18-3 to Australia.

Is it just me or is this a rather dull game?

Might be the TV3 commentary, main commentator is very flat and sleep inducing...

MJohnston wrote: »
    Might be the TV3 commentary, main commentator is very flat and sleep inducing...

Noticed that alright. That's probably it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

its alright but not great. Aus have this game in 3rd gear and know it. Hopefully Fiji improve in 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Fiji have always had the same problem...Ill discipline.
    you could have tons of skill players but if they are constantly giving away penalties they wont get far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Not the greatest game to watch, I say Australia are a bit fearful of throwing the ball around too much as that would suit Fiji. I say they will keep the same structured play for the second half, unless they are still chasing the bonus point with 15 mins to go then maybe we will see them get a bit looser with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Kepu loves a step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Another try and it's down to yet more woeful Fijian tackling. Add to it that the Wallabies are making a better go of protecting their own ball than England did last week and you can see this becoming a cricket score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Say what you will about Fiji. I'm impressed with the Aussies. Think they'll have too much for England and Wales.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

corny wrote: »
    Say what you will about Fiji. I'm impressed with the Aussies. Think they'll have too much for England and Wales.

Just thinking the same. Fiji have had a 5 day turnaround but Australia have looked the most impressive of the 3 sides expected to be battling it out for 1st and 2nd.

Just thinking the same. Fiji have had a 5 day turnaround but Australia have looked the most impressive of the 3 sides expected to be battling it out for 1st and 2nd.

Lackluster 2nd half from Australia really. They cannot get anything going in attack. I'd like to see a change at 9/10

Not helped by the appalling amount of handling errors from Fiji

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Lackluster 2nd half from Australia really. They cannot get anything going in attack. I'd like to see a change at 9/10

Yeah, was just about to say impressive in the forwards but there's nothing happening in the backs. Folau has been trying to make things happen himself but it's going nowhere. Not sure who they've got on the bench but all of their 9/10 combinations have been poor for a while.

Good try but joke that Fiji got away with that last ruck.

• Advertisement

Fiji score a try despite messing things up, and are suddenly in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice finish there. Might be in for an exciting final 20 mins. Hopefully Fiji have the energy to keep going now.

If Fiji got another try could be interesting. ...

Line out and maul for pococks hat trick coming up I'd say

Or maybe not!!

Ouch - nasty looking collision there.

• Advertisement

3 line outs in row lost by oz there.not ideal

I'd say it the condensation from the Millenium Stadium that caused the last 2 lineout misses. Really looked like a sloppy ball.

Nasty clash that. Definite concussion test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ouch - nasty looking collision there.

Not sure it was a penalty though? Did the Fijian raise his shoulder a bit? The replay looked fairly inconclusive to me.

Not sure it was a penalty though? Did the Fijian raise his shoulder a bit? The replay looked fairly inconclusive to me.

Penalty was for the ruck after for holding on. Another turnover by pocock. He is incredible

Penalty was for holding on at subsequent ruck no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

How has Toomua not been brought on yet??

Pocock was rather violently twisted out of a ruck there a few minutes ago.

Australia down to 14

Pretty awful if Australia can't get the BP. They may well have to beat both england and wales.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    Pretty awful if Australia can't get the BP. They may well have to beat both england and wales.

Doesn't look like they'll get it now anyway

Can't see Wales bothering them tbh. England might give them a run for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Professional performance by Australia but thought the match itself was boring.

I think England will beat that Australian side, very average out in the backs in this game & RC. With Foley at 10, bar Pocock and Hooper, they're very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Greyian

matthew8 wrote: »

The one thing in their favour is that England vs Wales takes place before Australia play either. All Australia really need to do is beat the losers of that match, to secure 2nd place (of course they should be targeting 1st, and they also need to beat Uruguay obviously).

I think England will beat that Australian side, very average out in the backs in this game & RC. With Foley at 10, bar Pocock and Hooper, they're very average.

Was that their first or second 15?

Was that their first or second 15?

I would say that was Australia's first choice 15, bar maybe Speight for Horne but Cheika likes Horne.

If England or Wales can take Pocock and or Hooper out of the game they'll be laughing. I assume getting up in support as quick as possible and getting quick ball off the rucks is the way to do it.

I would say that was Australia's first choice 15, bar maybe Speight for Horne but Cheika likes Horne.

Yeah. I can't think of anyone that you'd start over any of the 15 that started today. Anyone they brought with them to England anyway.

Yeah. I can't think of anyone that you'd start over any of the 15 that started today. Anyone they brought with them to England anyway.

I'd say it was Cheika's first choice 23 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

A bit like saying a bacon sandwich with no bacon isn't very nice though. They do have Hooper and Pocock, and the latter in particular scares the living daylights out of me. He almost single-handedly makes them a good side.

Advertisement