Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage build

Options
  • 17-09-2015 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a garage built, I was thinking 20 foot wide x 30 foot. with a upstairs loft / space

possibly a garage door at front and back of garage and also windows, unsure if I would insulate this to start with but would like the option to after

any idea of a rough guide price for this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭893bet

20-30k

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭SCOL

I done a garage with with a upstairs loft / space about 7 years ago. I forget the cost but I have put a floor in the loft and now looking at putting in some insulation in the loft going to make a bit of a room up there. Can anyone advise that thinkness of insulation I would need ? I don't know wheather to use rockwool, the sheets and cut them to size and put them between the joists or spray on foam ( I think you can get a DIY kit ).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tech wrote: »
    Looking at getting a garage built, I was thinking 20 foot wide x 30 foot. with a upstairs loft / space

possibly a garage door at front and back of garage and also windows, unsure if I would insulate this to start with but would like the option to after

any idea of a rough guide price for this

Do you want a build only price or a price that includes planning application lodgement etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Build price, planning will be about 3k ?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Not sure if this applicable but I think Garages under latest regulations are not allowed to have a 1st floor or toilets.....I could be completely wrong on this but I remember when we were going for planning permission back in 2010 our Architect was saying to us that regulations where changing in 2011 that garages would not be allowed have 2 stories and toilets etc.

Maybe just check before going for planning permission

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Each Council will have their own planning policy re garages, so best to check what it says for your area.

Advertisement