Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

team adventure races

Options
  • 17-09-2015 10:33am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi ,

I Would love to do a more extreme Adventure race such as TEAR etc , but none of my friends are into this sport , my map rerading wouldnt be the best so I wouldnt be able to do it solo. Is there anybody that is in the same situation ? My experiences are doing killarney adventure race and a few of the WARS and also run some of the IMRA races.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

If you can talk even one friend into it, the Causeway Coast AR races will be running soon, 6 races this winter, mostly in the new year. Locations haven't been released yet, but last year 4 were up north and 2 were based in Wicklow (run by the good folks at TotalExperience). The level of nav required for those is generally accessible to beginners, and the atmosphere is friendly, so other racers/marshalls will help you out if you're struggling. The Causeway Coast AR Facebook page will likely be the first place to get news.

In the new year, once the clocks go forward the weekly paddling session for adventure racers will kick off again at TotalExperience HQ. They're a great way of meeting others and forming teams.

Advertisement