Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of the name Zulu?

• 17-09-2015 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

It's my dogs "official" name but it never stuck....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

euser1984 wrote: »
    It's my dogs "official" name but it never stuck....

i think its pretty cool.... but its what you think suits him??

you say it never stuck?? what do you call him?

we call our guy his "official" he he also has 2 other names and he responds to them too.. it depends on our mood and if he's in trouble or not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

How old is he? Does he come when called zulu? It's a nice name for a dog.
    I didn't get to name mine as she was 8 when i got her, but i do have pet names for her that she comes running just as if id called her 'ruby' - usually a soppy bastardisation like 'rubicles' or 'rubywuby':)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

It's a girl and she is three. I call her woog or woogie (pronounced wuggie) which is my own word but people seem to find it a bit daft. I have difficulty pronouncing words in english compared to other people for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

<snip>

Mod note: do not troll in this forum again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

euser1984 wrote: »
    It's a girl and she is three. I call her woog or woogie (pronounced wuggie) which is my own word but people seem to find it a bit daft. I have difficulty pronouncing words in english compared to other people for some reason.

ahh thats cute - i wouldnt worry about what other people think.

I call my guy - "pup" (hes nearly 11, with lots of grey :rolleyes:)... i call him black nose (he responds pretty well - he's a jet black cocker with a big snout with some grey :P) .. he doesnt mind at all :D...

Zulu is cool... but im sure she loves her pet name !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I call my boy pig or piggers. It started as an affectionate joke about a year ago and stuck. When I need his attention and he's ignoring me I use his given name and it works lol

thanks

you sound like the kind of person i should share this story with.... i heard it recently - somebody was telling me that they had a dog and his name was spot, even though he didn't have any spot at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My cats name is lucyfur. Have had a few strange looks from people but f*ck em.

ken wrote: »
    My cats name is lucyfur. Have had a few strange looks from people but f*ck em.

I love this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Opie gets Opie, Opie-Dawg, Dog, Douge, Dougeronamus, Deputy, Down ( :rolleyes: ), Boy, Boozle (our old boy used to get this too), Operonamus, Smopie-Dopey, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I use themes for my offical litter names. One litter was Star Trek. The pup I was keeping show name was 'Resistance is Futile' I wanted his pet name to be on the same theme so I called him Bones.

A little kid in the park asked me what my puppy was called. I told him & he shouted "Here Boner" :-o

By the time I got home 'Bones' had a new name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Sometimes our dog can be so stubborn and will sit and will not move no matter how often you call his name.

But if I call his name and then say "Look"he is up like a shot

Advertisement