Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitting led lights diy and home insurance

Options
  • 17-09-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi. I just fitted led lights in 2 bedrooms and in a hallway and keep the old main light..i make new connections from existing ones( from one switch to two for led..) and my question is do I need any cert. to cover the job? What about home insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

pitero1 wrote: »
    Hi. I just fitted led lights in 2 bedrooms and in a hallway and keep the old main light..i make new connections from existing ones( from one switch to two for led..) and my question is do I need any cert. to cover the job? What about home insurance?

If you installed new lights rather than changed "like for like" then a cert would probably be needed to cover this. I'm guessing you are not an electrician? If this is the case then you will find it very difficult to find someone to sign off your work.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭pitero1

aido79 wrote: »
    If you installed new lights rather than changed "like for like" then a cert would probably be needed to cover this. I'm guessing you are not an electrician? If this is the case then you will find it very difficult to find someone to sign off your work.

Well I will try...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

pitero1 wrote: »
    Well I will try...

Try what? To find an electrician to risk his business signing off something you've done? Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭pitero1

aido79 wrote: »
    Try what? To find an electrician to risk his business signing off something you've done? Good luck with that.

It's only a wire going down and joint into the switch..nothing major he can easly access the wires to check connections. Nothing patched into the solid wall. Should not to be a hassle

Advertisement