Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencer Grafton Street Restaurant - Closed

Options
  • 17-09-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

The restaurant on the top floor of Marks & Spencer on Grafton Street has closed. It has been replaced by a cafe.

I'm not sure when the restaurant closed. It seemed to be quite busy.
    Does anyone know when it closed and why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Full restaurants in department stores have had their day. I suspect they aren't particularly profitable even when very busy as they don't have dinner trade or much if any alcohol sales to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

L1011 wrote: »
    Full restaurants in department stores have had their day. I suspect they aren't particularly profitable even when very busy as they don't have dinner trade or much if any alcohol sales to work with.
    the Brown Thomas would look to be an exception, oh and the Debenhams, oh and the Arnotts restaurant. :confused:

Re M&S restaurant:
    it used to be busy.
    they were open late, so dinner was available.
    they did have alcohol on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

imme wrote: »
    the Brown Thomas would look to be an exception, oh and the Debenhams, oh and the Arnotts restaurant. :confused:

Don't expect many to any of those to be there in their current format in a decade.

They didn't close it down on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Just out of interest has bewleys ever been re opened? If not will it reopen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Bewley's hasn't re-opened yet, no. Seems to still be work going on in there - a bit worrying that they are making *that* many changes really. I think it was supposed to re-open this month but I could be wrong.

Advertisement