Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abortion Discussion, Part Trois

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

100cent wrote: »
    I am opposed to IVF completely.

Still on the fence re morning after pill.

Keep the questions coming. I hope the answers aren't too inconvenient for you. :)

Do you agree with the criminalization of women who have abortions here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭100cent

robdonn wrote: »
    I try not to talk to myself, it tends to come across a bit psychopathic... :P

Go for it then.

Give me the short version of why you advocate for abortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Go for it then.

Well, speaking only for myself if I'm pregnant and I don't want to be I want to access abortion as early as possible and as late as necessary. And I don't want to have to travel to do that.

lazygal wrote: »
    Not at all. Should women who take the abortion pill here be imprisoned?

Imprisoning women will solve nothing in my personal view.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Do you agree with the criminalization of women who have abortions here?

As I just said, I fail to see a benefit from such action.

• Advertisement

Imprisoning women will solve nothing in my personal view.

Even if they're killing unborn babies? That isn't murder then, with criminal implications?

Well, speaking only for myself if I'm pregnant and I don't want to be I want to access abortion as early as possible and as late as necessary. And I don't want to have to travel to do that.

A form of birth control?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

As I just said, I fail to see a benefit from such action.

What age group are you? Are you male or female?

Even if they're killing unborn babies? That isn't murder then, with criminal implications?

I've never used the word murder.

Even in murder cases, imprisoning is not always the answer, depending on the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Throw in some laundry and you're definitely onto something.

Ahh no, times have moved on since then. Theres now way in this day and age you'd let some dirty floozy who had sex outside the bonds of matrimony - possibly more than once, on separate occasions, with more than one man -access to innocent peoples undergarments.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    What age group are you? Are you male or female?

I respectfully decline to answer that question.

A form of birth control?

No, a form of maternity care. Perhaps in circumstances where my birth control didn't prove effective. Or when my health is at risk.
    How far should the state go to stop me having an abortion?

Even in murder cases, imprisoning is not always the answer, depending on the circumstances.

So what is abortion then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Go for it then.

"Quality of life over quantity of life" would be my short version.

No, a form of maternity care. Perhaps in circumstances where my birth control didn't prove effective. Or when my health is at risk.
    How far should the state go to stop me having an abortion?

So a continuation of birth control? If the first version doesn't work, use the abortion method?

Would you wish to have the option of abortion available to you throughout your pregnancy, up to 36 weeks?

I'm more than happy with the current legal situation that is in place.

"Quality of life over quantity of life" would be my short version.

Unless its the life of an unborn baby? Then its expendable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Let's imagine a scenario where a woman (we'll say in a relationship, though its fairly irrelevant) uses contraception because she can't have a child at that particular time. There is the risk that she could become pregnant, so in that instance she would have an abortion. What are your alternative solutions for her?

Lurkio wrote: »
    Let's imagine a scenario where a woman (we'll say in a relationship, though its fairly irrelevant) uses contraception because she can't have a child at that particular time. There is the risk that she could become pregnant, so in that instance she would have an abortion. What are your alternative solutions for her?

Why 'can't she have a child'?

On the contrary, it very much applies to the unborn. Babies shouldn't be born just 'cause.

Why 'can't she have a child'?

What does it matter why? What's your alternative for women who've decided to have abortions?

• Advertisement

So a continuation of birth control? If the first version doesn't work, use the abortion method?

Would you wish to have the option of abortion available to you throughout your pregnancy, up to 36 weeks?

I'm more than happy with the current legal situation that is in place.

How is abortion birth control? And,yes I could face risks to life and health at any stage of pregnancy so of course abortion should be available throughout a pregnancy. It's a medical not a legal matter.

Its expendable when someone else's life is at risk.

On the contrary, it very much applies to the unborn. Babies shouldn't be born just 'cause.

Huh?

What does it matter why? What's your alternative for women who've decided to have abortions?

Why don't we let Lurkio answer the question. :)

Why don't we let Lurkio answer the question. :)

Could you tell me what should my alternative to abortion be in situations where I no longer wish to remain pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

25 to life in the Magdalenekazetten.

Huh?

We should take into account the quality of life that a child would have before bringing it into the world.

How is abortion birth control? And,yes I could face risks to life and health at any stage of pregnancy so of course abortion should be available throughout a pregnancy. It's a medical not a legal matter.

Ok, so does the availability up to 36 weeks depend on the reason for to wish to access the abortion?

Could you tell me what should my alternative to abortion be in situations where I no longer wish to remain pregnant?

At the moment you stay in Ireland and deliver your baby or travel abroad to access an abortion.

• Advertisement

Ok, so does the availability up to 36 weeks depend on the reason for to wish to access the abortion?

No. Abortion services should be a matter for medics and pregnant women. I've no interest in why someone wants an abortion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement