Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abortion Discussion, Part Trois

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

100cent wrote: »
    What can I do about foreign countries' laws?

Nothing but pro life campaigns could tackle the constitutional right to travel, could seek to criminalize abortions in the UK and the sanctions on women who do abort here to be strictly enforced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭100cent

robdonn wrote: »
    OK.... yup, thought about it. Still seems to mean that you're "more than happy" with the law allowing Irish women to go murder their babies somewhere else.

Murder is your word.

Do you really view it as such?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Since when do 'finances' mean anyone can't get pregnant?

You'll have to expand on that one.

I think its fairly obvious what I'm getting at, and I didn't want to get into the specifics in my original question because that would enable this kind of evasion. Suffice to say that the woman believes she cannot - for whatever reason - become pregnant and deliver due to whatever consequences she might fear. In the scenario I described earlier (linked here),
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99731404&postcount=2118
    what are the different courses of action she might take.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Nothing but pro life campaigns could tackle the constitutional right to travel, could seek to criminalize abortions in the UK and the sanctions on women who do abort here to be strictly enforced.

How would we go about that then. Are you a Constitutional Lawyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Murder is your word.

Do you really view it as such?

Is that your only objection with the content of my post?

• Advertisement

Lurkio wrote: »
    I think its fairly obvious what I'm getting at, and I didn't want to get into the specifics in my original question because that would enable this kind of evasion. Suffice to say that the woman believes she cannot - for whatever reason - become pregnant and deliver due to whatever consequences she might fear. In the scenario I described earlier (linked here),

what are the different courses of action she might take.

Don't get pregnant and if she does, do everything in her power to ensure herself and her baby get through the nine months free from harm and deliver her beautiful baby girl or boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

How would we go about that then. Are you a Constitutional Lawyer?

No but I'm sure a campaign group would have access to one. It's just a funny little anomaly, woman cannot have abortion here or she risks jail but the constitution guarantees her right to have one overseas.

Is that your only objection with the content of my post?

I have no objection. I just find it strange you view an abortion as murder, given your previously stated beliefs.

eviltwin wrote: »
    No but I'm sure a campaign group would have access to one. It's just a funny little anomaly, woman cannot have abortion here or she risks jail but the constitution guarantees her right to have one overseas.

She doesn't risk jail in my world view.

I have no objection. I just find it strange you view an abortion as murder, given your previously stated beliefs.

Well given my previously stated belief I would assume you would see that as simply colourful language, but I suppose that to ASSUME makes an ASS of U and ME. ;)

But good to know that you've no objection to Irish law allowing women to travel to have an abortion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Don't get pregnant and if she does, do everything in her power to ensure herself and her baby get through the nine months free from harm and deliver her beautiful baby girl or boy.

What if she doesn't want to do that? How should the state ensure she doesn't kill the unborn child?

But she does in Irish law. Up to 14 years imprisonment.
    I'm more than happy with the current legal situation that is in place.

So what sanctions should women who have abortions face?

The woman is using contraception, so the "don't get pregnant" thing is a bit odd. She is trying not to become pregnant. Your alternatives are "don't get pregnant" and "deliver the child"?

The woman is using contraception, so the "don't get pregnant" thing is a bit odd. She is trying not to become pregnant. Your alternatives are "don't get pregnant" and "deliver the child"?

But only the beautiful ones!!

lazygal wrote: »
    But only the beautiful ones!!

Ahhh, so that's what the forced vaginal ultrasounds in America are for, to assess the beauty of the baby! Totally makes sense now!

What if she doesn't want to do that? How should the state ensure she doesn't kill the unborn child?

Make it a crime to offer or obtain such a procedure in this country.

Make it a crime to offer or obtain such a procedure in this country.

It already is a crime. How can criminal sanctions protect the unborn?

But she does in Irish law. Up to 14 years imprisonment.

That prison sentence is available to the the abortionist also, something I'd lose no sleep about.

Yes.

• Advertisement

That prison sentence is available to the the abortionist also, something I'd lose no sleep about.

But it is also available to the woman who had the abortion. No problems with that?

It already is a crime. How can criminal sanctions protect the unborn?

You seem to want me to say something in particular. Maybe you could enlighten me on it.

The fact that its a crime is the reason the abortion agenda is advocating tirelessly to liberalise abortion and normalise it in them minds of the citizens.

But it is also available to the woman who had the abortion. No problems with that?

In reality no. Because no woman has spent a night inside for said crime in my living memory.

In reality no. Because no woman has spent a night inside for said crime in my living memory.

What has that got to do with anything? A woman could tomorrow be sent to prison for 14 years for obtaining an abortion illegally in Ireland. Should they enforce that part of the law or remove it?

Yes.

As she is using contraception, she has already taken precautions against getting pregnant, and no method is 100%, so what do you suggest?

What has that got to do with anything? A woman could tomorrow be sent to prison for 14 years for obtaining an abortion illegally in Ireland. Should they enforce that part of the law or remove it?

I'd happily enforce it for the abortionist. If it was remover Marie Stopes would be opening their abortion chambers in downtown Ireland.

As she is using contraception, she has already taken precautions against getting pregnant, and no method is 100%, so what do you suggest?

Take up a hobby?

I'd happily enforce it for the abortionist. If it was remover Marie Stopes would be opening their abortion chambers in downtown Ireland.

Nothing to do with the question I asked.

Nothing to do with the question I asked.

Prevention is everything.

• Advertisement

Take up a hobby?

Would you care to explain? Are you suggesting she not have sex?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement