Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help using Call Waiting

Options
  • 17-09-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Are there instructions anywhere for using Call Waiting. How to I switch to the second call when I hear the double beep, switch back to original call, hang up one of the calls, etc. I'm guessing there is a link with instructions but am struggling to find it.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

Activate the service : *43#
    Turn it off : #43#

Options when on a call:

R1 - Answers incoming call and hangs up on current one.
    R2 - Answers incoming call and places current call on hold - R2 again swaps them.
    R3 - Conferences both calls together (I think you might have to have 3 way calling active too)
    R0 - Is the same as "reject" on a mobile and sends call to voicemail / busy tone and will ignore any further call waiting attempts.

If you phone hasn't an R button, it might be called "flash" or "recall"
    On cordless phones it's sometimes in a weird place too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi 3rdDegree, 

StonyIron's information is correct here. Follow these instructions and this will work for you.

You can also view mailbox queries on - http://support.eir.ie/phone/services

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

StonyIron wrote: »
    Activate the service : *43#
    Turn it off : #43#

Options when on a call:

R1 - Answers incoming call and hangs up on current one.
    R2 - Answers incoming call and places current call on hold - R2 again swaps them.
    R3 - Conferences both calls together (I think you might have to have 3 way calling active too)
    R0 - Is the same as "reject" on a mobile and sends call to voicemail / busy tone and will ignore any further call waiting attempts.

If you phone hasn't an R button, it might be called "flash" or "recall"
    On cordless phones it's sometimes in a weird place too.
    Thanks for the help StonyIron :-) 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement