Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free recycling day for electrical & electronic (Friday 18th)

• 17-09-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

Not the best day or operating hours but may be useful to somebody, Tesco Car Park, Coonagh Shopping Centre from 10am to 4pm Friday 18th

http://www.limerick.ie/living/whatson/2015-09-18-free-recycling-day
    Free recycling day for Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment on Friday 18th September, 2015 at Tesco Car Park, Coonagh Shopping Centre from 10am to 4pm.

The European Recycling Platform (ERP) in conjunction with Limerick City and County Council
    Waste WEEE for recycling may also be brought to the recycling centres free of charge. Check limerickrecyclingcentres.ie for details of opening hours
    You are welcome to share this information with family and friends. Waste electrical equipment is anything powered by a battery or a plug!
    https://twitter.com/LimerickCouncil/status/644456781050056704

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Not that im surprised but for the past number of weeks I have seen all counties free recyling day show up on facebook but saw nothing but Limerick till I read this...

Limerick council are a joke...thanks for sharing..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

steveon wrote: »
    Not that im surprised but for the past number of weeks I have seen all counties free recyling day show up on facebook but saw nothing but Limerick till I read this...

Limerick council are a joke...thanks for sharing..

So Limerick council are a joke because the had their recycling day later than other councils? Or because they didn't advertise on FB?
    There are a lot of things to criticise the council for, but this isn't one of them.
    I'd swear some people aren't happy unless they're complaining.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have to say viewing this thread on mobile and seeing 2 Bender avatars discussing was amusing.

Anyway, can't see how there is a fault here with anyone, it's not as if there isn't another way to get rid of old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Clareman wrote: »
    I have to say viewing this thread on mobile and seeing 2 Bender avatars discussing was amusing..

*runs in*

Seriously though, does Rhebogue still take small electrical items?

Edit: Never mind, found the website.

What we recycle
    Batteries
    Beverage Cans
    Books
    Car Batteries
    Christmas Trees
    Clothes and Textiles
    Fluorescent Tubes
    Food Cans
    Glass Bottles and Jars
    Magazines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

So Limerick council are a joke because the had their recycling day later than other councils? Or because they didn't advertise on FB?
    There are a lot of things to criticise the council for, but this isn't one of them.
    I'd swear some people aren't happy unless they're complaining.

I'm complaining in general that Limerick council do not advertise anything properly there is another thread about the culture nite in another thread.....late on Friday nite I bumped into two members of Limerick council who were part of the 2020 committee, even they knew nothing about the weee recycling day and looked a bit embarrassed when I mentioned it, there are electronic signs coming into Limerick again no mention

On Facebook for weeks WEEE Irelands page whom I'm a member showed all of the recycling days one by one around the country but alas no mention of Limerick why is that? To me its like they don't want people to properly recycle in this city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

The recycling centre in Mungret will always take ALL electronic recycling for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

davo2001 wrote: »
    The recycling centre in Mungret will always take ALL electronic recycling for free.

Is it not €5 to get in? Plus factor in the cost of petrol. Rhebogue used to take smaller items for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is it not €5 to get in? Plus factor in the cost of petrol. Rhebogue used to take smaller items for free.

No, it's €5 for getting in if you have non electrical items, if you just have electrical items then it's free. I use it all the time for old monitors, printers, PCs etc.

Advertisement