Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortage advice

Options
  • 17-09-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Any advice,

bought house 10 years ago with friend, half of that time (5 years) I was left to service full mortgage, life insurance, bills ets. the friend (she)left Ireland and has not contributed to mortage in 5 years. Have been in contact with person on/off but still refuse to pay mortage share and says will sell or sign over mortage but never does and nothing in writing. What can one do ? paying as I don't want my credit to be affected. Gone down solicitor route with no luck of response from her in writing. Is there no law in Ireland to protect against this happening ?

what options are there ? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note: No need to open a zombie thread from 2004. New thread now open for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 butterfly1st

Hi any advice

Have house 10 years with ex partner she stoped paying share of mortage 5 years ago and left country. I'm living in property and still paying mortage by my self. I've moved on and got married since. Written solicitors letters to ex and she hasn't replied. Met up and she won't pay mortage life insurance etc. Has said she will but never has. What can I do im stuck in limbo ? House in negative equity.

Have you tried talking to the bank or a solicitor? Those would be my first steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 butterfly1st

Paulw wrote: »
    Have you tried talking to the bank or a solicitor? Those would be my first steps.

Hi thanks for reply,
    Yes I initially went to bank they were not intrested or helpful and suggested go to solicitor. Went to solicitor also, they sent letters to her but she didn't reply.

Went to solicitor also, they sent letters to her but she didn't reply.

After the letters, what did the solicitor recommend? You need professional legal advice, so you should go back to a solicitor, and get a plan of action.

You won't get a whole lot of info online. You need professional legal advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Trixibelle910

Hi,

Im in a similar position to you.
    Ex has said he will sign over the property , but is making me jump through a lot of hoops to do. Very frustrating. I also have paid everything for the last five years.

I think that it may be possible to go down the route of court order but I have been advised that this is very expensive

Advertisement