Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC knocknacarra

Options
  • 17-09-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

i just heard from a mate that kfc are looking to open a second outlet in galway. if this goes ahead it will be going up beside the new aldi in knockncarra. that should save a lot of petrol for a lot of youse having to cross town all the time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

hope its better than the one in Briarhill, dirty filthy mess staffed by unsupervised childern, the foods pretty poor too but hats probably all KFCs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

The KFC in Limerick n Roscommon are delicious, the franchise out in Briarhill is diabolical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The KFC in Limerick n Roscommon are delicious, the franchise out in Briarhill is diabolical

I second that Re Childers Rd limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I went to Briarhill once and got a chicken sandwich. Was about to take a bite when I caught sight of something. Turned the bun upside down and it was mouldy. Never again.

Glad the area is getting a fast food restaurant, just wish it was someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

Briar Hill isn't right. It's not like KFC anywhere I've had it.

Hope it's not the same crowd that will be operating the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

KFC is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If its the same franchise operater i won't be going near it. Got food poisoning once in Briarhill. Will never go back there again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

KFC is muck.

Theres always one. Start a thread involving a food chain on boards and a comment will be made stating that said chain is muck. Happens every time.

syklops wrote: »
    Theres always one. Start a thread involving a food chain on boards and a comment will be made stating that said chain is muck. Happens every time.

I have ate in KFC....its muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I have eaten in KFC....and in my opinion it is muck.

FYP

YoungBlood III, do you want to qualify your statement at all?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    FYP

YoungBlood III, do you want to qualify your statement at all?

Mucky muck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I went to Briarhill once and got a chicken sandwich. Was about to take a bite when I caught sight of something. Turned the bun upside down and it was mouldy. Never again.

Glad the area is getting a fast food restaurant, just wish it was someone else.

ik worked in a chipper for years, mould is not too uncommon, it happen when buns are packed hot by baker/supplier and condensation get stuck in the packing film & they go mouldy almost instantly

but besides this Briarhill is a kip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

KFC.

I thought this thread was about Knocknacarra Football Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

On the flip side I've eaten in Briarhill quite a few times and always found it perfectly fine as KFC goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

On the flip side I've eaten in Briarhill quite a few times and always found it perfectly fine as KFC goes.

+1 to this.

It's KFC, not Known Fine Cuisine.

Its only redeeming feature is that it's located at Briarhill and offers a place to sit down and eat which is cheaper than the Clayton. But this is feature enough to have been useful to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

i just heard from a mate that kfc are looking to open a second outlet in galway.
    You can probably get this rumour confirmed by checking with KFC themselves
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kfc/214062618716681

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

There may be something happening at the Ballymoonen roundabout also, Keane o'mahony smith have 2 acres of commercial zoned land for sale. perfect for shop drive tru

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

KFC.

I thought this thread was about Knocknacarra Football Club.

If KFC fast food opens in knocknacarra, then sponsor Knocknacarra football club, all will be right with the world! Only downside is that I wouldn't want to promote fast food to young sports people - didn't stop Sup*rmac sponsoring the gaa though.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

voz es wrote: »
    There may be something happening at the Ballymoonen roundabout also, Keane o'mahony smith have 2 acres of commercial zoned land for sale. perfect for shop drive tru

a bit closer to the school too. makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think there was talk of some new regulation not allowing fast food places open within certain proximity to a school. I don't think it's passed as of now but there have been several proposed such places not get planning because of objections from parents and schools in the last year or two around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I think there was talk of some new regulation not allowing fast food places open within certain proximity to a school. I don't think it's passed as of now but there have been several proposed such places not get planning because of objections from parents and schools in the last year or two around the country.

Yeah. The concept is called a 'No Fry Zone'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

zarquon wrote: »
    If its the same franchise operater i won't be going near it. Got food poisoning once in Briarhill. Will never go back there again!

That happened when the first opened it was a hot summer all the raw chicken left out in the car park the had nowhere to store it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Surely something like that should get the place shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Random tangent: for fried chicken lovers Joyce's recently starting putting out fried chicken and ribs. Just load them up yourself and pay at the till. For anyone looking for a fried chicken fix between it and the salad bar you're set. There's also Chinese at lunchtime with an all-you-can-fit box for €5. They seem to be revamping a good bit of the store these days including the butcher counter which now has lots of M&S type takeaway dinners.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Briarhill KFC is possibly the worst KFC I've ever eaten in, and it's KFC, it's not like the standard is even that high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Briarhill KFC is possibly the worst KFC I've ever eaten in, and it's KFC, it's not like the standard is even that high.

+1

I had not eaten KFC in Ireland before (went several times in Australia and loved it) and I was looking forward to trying the one in Briarhill. It was a disaster. Everything we got was very poor. Felt ill afterwards. I was wondering whether I had selective memory on the KFC abroad. I swore never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Have went with the Drive-Thru a few times, and they have never gotten the order correct, always something missing.

Advertisement