Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erma M1 Carbine clone ESG-22 22wmr

Options
  • 17-09-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

I have been offered one of these. It's a 22wmr s/a which is a gas operated locking bolt version.

Has anyone got any experience with this particular firearm and how do the rate this mechanical system.

I know it's a nice looking gun but looks are not required tbh. I'm mainly concerned with reliability and accuracy.

Is this a fundamentally better self loading system than a standard blowback design or is it just overkill for this small bore calibre.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Zxthinger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

It's overkill for this small bore calibre.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Some Erma history

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_em1.html

And some bad news.....

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=1436

Accuracy doesn't sound good.

I have seen some M1 clones back in the '80s and shot a few rounds from one. Prior to my childhood purchase of my Brno I was contemplating a M1 or M16 clone (youthful fancies) but was warned off both options by the gun dealer, even though he had both on the rack, sighting poorer quality, reliability etc.

In reference to the issue highlighted in the second link above I have witnessed first hand the damage done by routinely shooting high velocity rounds in a blow back 22lr in a locked bolt configuration.
    The bolt handle that doubled for the locking pin and locking recess began to show signs of ware and often the rifle would 'go auto' when shot in normal blow back mode. That particular rifle was well maintained and the opinion was excessive ware due to improper use. The rifle was built to cycle HV but I would suspect continuous use in locked position put too much strain on the metal. So the above article could have a fair degree of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

It seems it also might be restricted.. It seems to have a 12 shot mag.. Easily fixed to limit it to ten but is that allowed these days.
    Iow does recent rulings or observation related to pistols have any effect.

Anyway seems like it far to complex and suffers from poor accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Zxthinger wrote: »
    It seems it also might be restricted.. It seems to have a 12 shot mag.. Easily fixed to limit it to ten but is that allowed these days.
    Iow does recent rulings or observation related to pistols have any effect.

Anyway seems like it far to complex and suffers from poor accuracy

As far as I know 5 round mag is the max capacity without being restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

In a pistol, rifle is 10.

• Advertisement

Strider wrote: »
    In a pistol, rifle is 10.

Thanks, I thought it was in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laid back

i have a erma em1 carbine .22 its and old rifle but it fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Anyone come accross one for sale ?

I may know someone who might be selling soon. It's the standard .22 Erma M1 Carbine.

Dr Strange wrote: »
    I may know someone who might be selling soon. It's the standard .22 Erma M1 Carbine.

Keep in touch so :)
    Any pictures ?

• Advertisement

Keep in touch so :)
    Any pictures ?

I'll see what I can do. I'll contact you once I have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

For an original em1? How much would they be worth?

cerastes wrote: »
    For an original em1? How much would they be worth?

Alway worth what a buyer is willing to pay 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Two for sale on E gun for 99 euros,along with original 1970s scope.Both dealers will export within the eU and speak English. Two more FS at 299 euros private sellers.All are 2nd hand.So that should give you a rough price guide of what they are worth and expect to pay.
    One nice thing about them is a company in Germany makes a repro M1 paratrooper folding stock for them so you could have that option with this little plinker as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Two for sale on E gun for 99 euros,along with original 1970s scope.Both dealers will export within the eU and speak English. Two more FS at 299 euros private sellers.All are 2nd hand.So that should give you a rough price guide of what they are worth and expect to pay.
    One nice thing about them is a company in Germany makes a repro M1 paratrooper folding stock for them so you could have that option with this little plinker as well.

You forget the cost of importing them and going through the article 7 authorisation etc. If the rifle is already in Ireland that has, at least, already been taken care of. If you look at all the Erma M1 prices on egun some start at 1 Euro! and others up to 299. One of the 298 ones starts at 148 but has a buy-it-now price of 298.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

I was in hilltop today and there is one available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

What are the costs to import a gun for sale on egun

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Dr Strange wrote: »
    You forget the cost of importing them and going through the article 7 authorisation etc. If the rifle is already in Ireland that has, at least, already been taken care of. If you look at all the Erma M1 prices on egun some start at 1 Euro! and others up to 299. One of the 298 ones starts at 148 but has a buy-it-now price of 298.

120 euros import carrige cost[Am just in the process of importing a Ruger mk 2 pistol ]
    Article 7 s free from the DOJ as it is in the EU.Can take 3 weeks from Germany.

The 1 euro is on an auction price and thats an opening bid price over 14/21 days. The 148 is the current auction price and the buy it noew price is 298[ chancer I think:p] Be it as it may it should give you an idea of what to pay for one of these guns.So people looking for 500 or whatever crazy money might be in for a shock to discover that it could be cheaper to import one than buy locally. Or to be more rational with their pricing.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Try gun shop in Lucan. He has a 22wmr for 500

Tks for the heads up....but at €500 he will have it for a very long time 😉

• Advertisement

Well ask for a discount, ye won't get one without asking.

Advertisement