Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income protection for a Director? Executive or regular?

• 17-09-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Which should I go for. I'm aware you save corporation tax if I pay directly from the company account. (Ltd company 1 director). But then when I declare it do I need to pay 41% on it as its a form of income?
    So saving of 12.5%.
    Vs. If i pay out my own personal account I've already lost the 41% so I'm only loosing out in the corporation tax saving?

So makes sense to pay directly from the company account unless I'm missing anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Executive is probably better. C.T. deductable, no B.I.K. It's treated the same as a pension contribution.

Pay yourself extra income and pay it personally means similar C.T. deduction, but additional PAYE/PRSI costs, offset in part by Income Tax relief.

Cover is similar, but not always identical.

Advertisement