Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved? Photos of towncentre being built/in progress

Options
  • 17-09-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the big photos of the towncentre in progress approx. 1993 onwards are now??

They used to be in a corridor leading to the toilets up beside Dorothy perkins.
    This corridor has now been redecorated tiled and the photos are gone now.

Anyone remember these framed photos?
    Anyone know where they are gone?!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No idea where they are gone, maybe give the manager a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

amdublin wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the big photos of the towncentre in progress approx. 1993 onwards are now??

They used to be in a corridor leading to the toilets up beside Dorothy perkins.
    This corridor has now been redecorated tiled and the photos are gone now.

Anyone remember these framed photos?
    Anyone know where they are gone?!

Yep, they lined the walkway to the bogs on the right hand side wall. Always stopped for a look. Great aerial shots of the WIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep I remember them and noticed they were missing with the refurb too there last week. Maybe the information desk might be able to tell you if they'll be back or where they're

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anyone got a contact in the towncentre who can find out? !

I'll ask when I'm next in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

There a three in the dentist/doctor/phoenix building

Only saying the other day, I wish they took pictures and kept records of all the different places that came and went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

amdublin wrote: »
    Anyone got a contact in the towncentre who can find out? !

Apparently they just took them down for a recent refurb (re-tiling). Word from the Mgmt Suite is that they will definitely be going back to there original location.

dodzy wrote: »
    Apparently they just took them down for a recent refurb (re-tiling). Word from the Mgmt Suite is that they will definitely be going back to there original location.

THANK YOU!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

jeffk wrote: »
    Only saying the other day, I wish they took pictures and kept records of all the different places that came and went
    I am trying to keep records at BlanchCentreHistory.com. I haven't had the time to make the site look nice, but I have been trying to keep the data current. I need to rethink the organisation and functionality to handle when tenants move within the centre e.g. Newbridge, Lifestyle, both moved to different units.

The photos are back! And nicely mounted too.

I'd recommend taking a look next time you are up, they're very interesting imo.

The photos are back! And nicely mounted too.

I'd recommend taking a look next time you are up, they're very interesting imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement