Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal of yellow card in Limerick forum

Options
  • 17-09-2015 1:44pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I would like to appeal for the yellow card issued to this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97044831&postcount=5 to be rescinded.

I can confirm that I have followed the flow-chart above. I discussed the issue with the moderator who issued the card and they have held firm in their stance. The moderator also told me that it was discussed with other mods who agreed with the decision.

I have been accused of bating another poster, which the moderator interprets as a form of trolling. I feel the accusation of trolling is both over-the-top and inaccurate.

To keep this simple, here is a summary of the points I made via PM:
    • I replied to a question in that thread before another poster came in and posted rubbish. My reply to that second poster was short, but it was not trolling
    • I gave a structured, logical and accurate answer to the question before the thread was taken off-topic. Saying anything else would just have been repetitive/soap-boxing
    • Rolling one's eyes is not a crime
    • I insist that I was neither trolling nor bating. Those are intentional actions, misdemeanours perpetrated by trouble-makers. I intended no trouble at all. I am not a troll in my local regional forum.

Furthermore, the forum charter states
    a certain level of banter is to be expected, as well as helpful advice, personal experience, criticism, critique and the odd joke.

In these circumstance a permanent mark against my profile seems terribly excessive.

I also draw your attention to this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97046336&postcount=7 in the same thread (since edited by the moderator as it questioned his actions on-thread, to be fair). The paragraph removed from that post concisely and eloquently sums up a lot of my appeal here too.

Go raibh maith agaibh.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just bumping this because it's been 5 days since this started. I understand that some of the Cmods might not be available at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've given the cmods a nudge. There's no notifications for DRP, so they'd need to manually come here to be aware of a thread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Spear wrote: »
    I've given the cmods a nudge. There's no notifications for DRP, so they'd need to manually come here to be aware of a thread.

Is it possible to bump this straight up to Admin? One of the Region Cmods hasn't logged into his account in over a year, and I know another is working abroad and doesn't get to log in too often either (nearly 5 weeks since her last post).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Given that context, combined with the fact that none of them have acknowledged my PM, I'll mark it for admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In the grand scheme of things, a yellow card was harsh for a rolleyes.
    To be honest, it was probably an appropriate response to the previous post.

Overturned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement