Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer XB270HU

Options
  • 17-09-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey.
    Looking into buying this monitor. The pricing is fairly ridiculous but I have seen some people post a link to somewhere for 750. Any cheaper or anybody know of good deals to get this?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

That's about what I paid a couple of months ago. Best prices seem to be in Germany, UK shops were way more.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Do you think it's worth the price right now?
    I have heard of some issues with it but that was months ago and maybe they have been fixed (Backlight bleed, dead pixels)
    Should I bite the bullet and spend 750 on it?

The monitor I have at the moment is a Samsung SyncMaster B2230H 22", got it like 4 years ago. How much of a difference can I expect now? (I have a 970 graphics card now also)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

It was worth it to me. There's no other monitor that has 1440p, IPS, G-sync, and 144 Hz. I specifically wanted all of those features. If you don't mind waiting, Asus says they will have a monitor with similar specs in late 2015, and Acer is going to produce a new revision of the XB270HU (XB271HU) soon. Those newer ones will have the same basic spec but possibly slightly higher max refresh rate, different styling, and possibly speakers. I suspect the prices won't be much better as this is still quite a niche market with limited choice.

I don't know about your old monitor, but probably it's a 1080p TN LCD? In which case you will be seeing big improvements in resolution, color, contrast, size, speed, and of course no tearing/lag with Gsync.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I would wait till closer to Christmas if I were you.
    New screens on the way and possible sales too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It's Approx €737 on Overclockers

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Yeah it won't be for another month or two before I get it. Overclockere price isn't too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I'm in the market for a monitor and think the acer predator x35 is gonna be the one, little expensive but should last me a good few years

Why that one ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Why that one ??
    35 inch curved screen, gsync And 144hz, reading up on ultrawide for a while and seems like it could be the best way forward, the extra screen space aswell and immersion is supposed to be really fantastic,

Ah I see. 35binches wouldn't fit in my current setup, even 27" is pushing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm looking at a similar monitor myself but I refuse to pay + €700 euros for a monitor. So I'm going to wait a few months and with more models hitting the market prices will drop.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too hopefully close to christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

cadete wrote: »
    35 inch curved screen, gsync And 144hz, reading up on ultrawide for a while and seems like it could be the best way forward, the extra screen space aswell and immersion is supposed to be really fantastic,

Make sure the games you play support that resolution. I was looking at widescreen myself but have read of plenty of people having issues with that aspect ratio on their games. I want a bigger monitor but they mostly seems to be 27" and that's not a big enough step up from my 24" to justify.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was all set to buy that or the asus rog but i went with the AOC G2460PG 24" 1920x1080 G-Sync 144Hz 1ms instead after seeing it in action side by side with the asus rog, it looked every bit as good if not better, if anything colours were better than the asus.
    I want to keep my current dell 1200p IPS screen so another 24" is perfect to go beside it plus the AOC was half the price.
    Ive had 27" 1440 screens and 29" 2560X1080 screens , i just prefer 24" for gaming and the AOC is gettign better reviews than any 1080 gsync 144hz screen.

Dont get me wrong that Acer is meant to be the best gaming monitor on the planet right now.

I would avoid those 2560X1080 screens, quite a few games dont support the res,i know there are programs and apps that work around it but trust me from experience they dont work well at all.

Advertisement