Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault has returned in two days - going in circles

Options
  • 17-09-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I have had a fault with my broadband only line (not fibre - 2.5km from cabinet - looks to be direct from exchange), it was fixed two days ago only for it to return today.  Fault was no dsl no internet, engineer came out and checked from house to cabinet to exchange.

No issues to cabinet but the link to exchange looked that another person had taken the link for someone else.  Engineer fixed this but said that as the line was broadband only without a real phone line he couldn't tell for sure if someone else had appropriated the line!

Well it looks as if he was right as two days later I have no dsl no internet again.  Odds are the other user just got theirs fixed and it messed mine up again!  As you can see we could be going around in circles.

I have logged a call and asked to it be escalated, I feel the person I rang this morning put me off and asked me to wait and ring again in the evening which i have done so now but odds are i will not have internet for this weekend.

I am putting this in writing that if "eir" does not have me fixed and permanently fixed this time I am requesting cancellation of my contract due to multiple breaches.

Please contact me asap and put me at ease that i will be fixed prior to the weekend - i already had no internet last weekend and most of the week.

Oh obviously i expect that this months payment is reduced by at least 2 weeks cost.

Regards,
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Any response on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Any response on this?
    Hi kennethsmyth, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having. 

Has this issue been rectified yet? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Hi Tracey,
    The main issue has been resolved but not the one that relates to the fact that I can only get 2.4mb on a good day!  I don't think anything can be done about this though.

I have just received my bill and was charged for the full period but I have been without internet for 2 weeks, my next bill needs to be reduced.  I am happy to stay with eir if my broadband doesnt go any further lower but if there is another issue within a short period of time I will be cancelling my contract based on breach of contract by eir to provide service.

Thank you Tracey, would you mind looking into my bill and ensure i am credited for down time and inconvience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Tracey,
    The main issue has been resolved but not the one that relates to the fact that I can only get 2.4mb on a good day!  I don't think anything can be done about this though.

I have just received my bill and was charged for the full period but I have been without internet for 2 weeks, my next bill needs to be reduced.  I am happy to stay with eir if my broadband doesnt go any further lower but if there is another issue within a short period of time I will be cancelling my contract based on breach of contract by eir to provide service.

Thank you Tracey, would you mind looking into my bill and ensure i am credited for down time and inconvience.
    I'm glad to hear your main issue has been resolved. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll organise this credit for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement