Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RWC '15: Pool C General Chat [NZ/ARG/TON/GEO/NAM]

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Score?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

16 17 georgia 3 mins left

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I wanted Georgia to win to get automatic qualification but Namibia have never won a World Cup match?? Now I maybe want Namibia to win?

You do :)
    beertons wrote: »
    Score?

16-17 Namibia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stheno wrote: »
    You do :)

16-17 Namibia

to georgia not namibia

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

aimee1 wrote: »
    to georgia not namibia

Sorry meant to put it that way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Surely Namibia will get one more chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Ah pity

Shame, would have been lovely to see Namibia win their first ever WC game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Surely Georgia should have at least been given the option of the penalty there when the penalty advantage came to nothing, even with the clock gone red?

Though obviously would have loved a Namibia win!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Shame for Namibia but glad Georgia get the 2019 spot. #TeamEurope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Stheno wrote: »
    Shame, would have been lovely to see Namibia win their first ever WC game.

They get LBP - first ever Point is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

Shouldn't that have gone back for a penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Did Clancy forget about the penalty advantage at the end there?

georgia would probably have opted for a scrum and 4 yc's and 3 hours later the game ends

wp_rathead wrote: »

Possibly yes!

Did I hear right that their replacement SH was 5 foot five and weighed 68 kilos?

• Advertisement

Think George just wanted it over

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I feel there was a DG on there if the MiB had worked a few phases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

What a crazy game, really enjoyed that. The two tries Namibia conceded while their No. 8 was in the bin really killed them.

Jesus I'm tired after watching that but again, brilliant entertainment. Last 10 minutes was nail biting stuff.

Congrats to Georgia, 3rd in pool and qualified for Japan!

That must be one of the longest world cup games of all time.

Georgia have a long way to go before they could cut it in Six Nations going on that showing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

No in 1999 they got 3 points simply for playing the 3 games as All teams got a point for each game played in the group stage but its a first point earned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Georgia's 9 was their best player. Their forwards were some load of idiots though, gave away so many stupid penalties and got so greedy near the line. Then the team as a whole completely switched off at 17-6. That clearance kick that went 25 metres and gifted Namibia the platform that they got their try from is the worst piece of play I've seen all tournament.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Georgia's 9 was their best player. Their forwards were some load of idiots though, gave away so many stupid penalties and got so greedy near the line. Then the team as a whole completely switched off at 17-6. That clearance kick that went 25 metres and gifted Namibia the platform that they got their try from is the worst piece of play I've seen all tournament.

namibia missed 48 tackles. how did they get within 1 point of georgia

Georgia have a long way to go before they could cut it in Six Nations going on that showing

They were so much better against the better teams. Weird. Maybe because there was a lot riding on this match they fell apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

They were so much better against the better teams. Weird. Maybe because there was a lot riding on this match they fell apart?

I thought it looked more like the opposite, that the Georgians thought they wouldn't have to lift a finger to beat Namibia and were completely switched off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

namibia missed 48 tackles. how did they get within 1 point of georgia

Georgia missed 48 scoring opportunities? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Delighted for Georgia. A loss here would have caused serious problems for this developing nation.

Now they can concentrate on developing their young backs over the next four years. Winning two games in a World Cup campaign is huge for them.

Yet another good World Cup that keeps on giving, I never want it to end.

Argentina dismantled them
    They looked strong vs Tonga and gave a great showing vs NZ
    I'd like to see themselves and Romania involved in a 8 Nations of some kind

I didn't realise they haven't actually qualified yet. Tonga still have to play NZ but barring an unlikely Tonga win or they score 4 tries and get a losing BP, Georgia are safe.

I didn't realise they haven't actually qualified yet. Tonga still have to play NZ but barring an unlikely Tonga win or they score 4 tries and get a losing BP, Georgia are safe.

tonga need 3 points? they lost to georgia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Argentina dismantled them
    They looked strong vs Tonga and gave a great showing vs NZ
    I'd like to see themselves and Romania involved in a 8 Nations of some kind

The first half of the Argentina game was extremely close, their captain got yellow carded after the break and they leaked three try's in that period. Also at the end of the game Argentina scored a couple of soft try's. That was Georgia's worst performance, the shoreline should have been tighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Legalfarmer89

I didnt know what to make of this match. Are the Georgians still a good bit away from six nations standard? I think that they took there feet off the gas a bit and were naive with all there offloading when it wasnt on!

Apart from Japan though they are the tier two nation with the greatest potential to kick on and really become a strong rugby nation(I exclude the pacific nations as its hard to really categorize them)

They have excellent forwards but need to get more cutting edge backs although their scrum half (18 years old I think) the flyhalf and one of the centers(Mchedlidze I think) showed promise.

I really hope that they progress to one day be part of some greater pan european rugby competition, what that entails is anyone's guess.

Well done to Namibia, showed alot of heart too and weren't the soft touch that they were made out to be so far in this world cup.

tonga need 3 points? they lost to georgia

Correct. I got confused mid typing. What I meant to say was bar a miracle win for Tonga Georgia are safe as even a LBP and 4TBP would only put Tonga level which would still see Georgia through. So pretty safe to say Georgia are finishing 3rd.

https://twitter.com/rugbyworldcup/status/651871326156648448

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

I didnt know what to make of this match. Are the Georgians still a good bit away from six nations standard? I think that they took there feet off the gas a bit and were naive with all there offloading when it wasnt on!

Apart from Japan though they are the tier two nation with the greatest potential to kick on and really become a strong rugby nation(I exclude the pacific nations as its hard to really categorize them)

They have excellent forwards but need to get more cutting edge backs although their scrum half (18 years old I think) the flyhalf and one of the centers(Mchedlidze I think) showed promise.

I really hope that they progress to one day be part of some greater pan european rugby competition, what that entails is anyone's guess.

Well done to Namibia, showed alot of heart too and weren't the soft touch that they were made out to be so far in this world cup.

They're not far off Italy, if even behind them at all.

I'd love to see a playoff between the european nations cup winner (a bit like a six nations B competition) and the six nations last placed. Georgia have won it the last few years, typically with Romania in second.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭scouser82

It's great for Georgia to win 2 games, but is it just me who sees the whole automatic qualification thing for 2019 as not a massive deal? The same teams qualify each time, bar maybe 1 team, so it is 99.99% likely Georgia would qualify anyway. And it must be acknowledged that pool C was by far the softest pool in terms of 3rd, 4th and 5th team. I doubt they'd have won 2 games in any other pool. Tough on Fiji who will be seeded 4th in the next RWC despite performing excellently in a stupidly tough pool, while Georgia will be 3rd seeds, with a good chance of getting an easier pool.

It's great for Georgia to win 2 games, but is it just me who sees the whole automatic qualification thing for 2019 as not a massive deal? The same teams qualify each time, bar maybe 1 team, so it is 99.99% likely Georgia would qualify anyway. And it must be acknowledged that pool C was by far the softest pool in terms of 3rd, 4th and 5th team. I doubt they'd have won 2 games in any other pool. Tough on Fiji who will be seeded 4th in the next RWC despite performing excellently in a stupidly tough pool, while Georgia will be 3rd seeds, with a good chance of getting an easier pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I think, this may have been the first time (open to correction) Georgia played a high profile, high value game where they were the favourites. They'll learn a lot from getting through this one. In a way it's easier for them to play the underdog role and have a shot to nothing at teams like Ireland in 07 and NZ this year. But this is what they wanted and they got through it. Fair dues. When we look back in 4 or 8 years time we'll see 2 wins, the majority of folk won't remember this flaky performance.

Also, I have to say, I have a soft spot for their full back with his rolled down socks and all black boots, throw a cotton jersey on him and its the 90s all over again.

matthew8 wrote: »

Lobzhanidze is the find of the tournament for me
    At 18 and playing in Tblisi, you'd hope one of the club's in France or somewhere takes a punt on him. Looks like the real deal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

What channels is this on? No sign of it on TV3 or 3e.

What channels is this on? No sign of it on TV3 or 3e.

it was last night

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

it was last night

NZ and Tonga I meant, which is actually on tomorrow night. My mistake :o

Hopefully you are watching now Copa :)

Hon Tonga

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Enough of the dancing already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Enough of the dancing already!

Are you well?!? That was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Our player died just as it started :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Come on Tonga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lots of little mistakes and turnovers early on.

Did Tonga just mash NZ in the scrum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

There's the first...

• Advertisement
Advertisement