Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RWC '15: Pool C General Chat [NZ/ARG/TON/GEO/NAM]

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Galarza banned for Argentina for 9 weeks for "making contact with the eye or eye area" of Brodie Retallick.

Was this during the match on Sunday? Was it picked up then?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »
    Was this during the match on Sunday? Was it picked up then?

Yeah during the second half at some point. He was cited for it and I can't remember it being discussed on the day.

Can you call up a replacement for a player who gets banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Yeah during the second half at some point. He was cited for it and I can't remember it being discussed on the day.

dont see why you couldnt, they also lost a lock to a head injury when he scored on sunday so they might need a few call ups

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I can't remember it being discussed either which is unusual for a gouging.

I'd imagine you can call up a replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

No. Replacements are ONLY allowed for medical or compassionate reasons. Banned players cannot be replaced.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/strict-48-hour-rule-warren-9968431

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Jesus that Romanian anthem is dramatic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

French scrum demolished.

Are the Romanians known for a strong scrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Decent scrum for and against. beat them elsewhere first. They will be wrecked by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Greyian

How does Peyper call advantage over when France knock on on their own 22, and then Romania have the ball on France's 10 metre line? They've gone back the guts of 20 metres ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I see French players are being allowed to lie wherever they choose at ruck time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Neither team will qualify from this group imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Are we not Pool D tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Neither team will qualify from this group imo.

Be very unlikely that France wouldn't qualify. Near impossible really

Why all the French talk? Or did I post the Argie news in the wrong thread?

Why all the French talk? Or did I post the Argie news in the wrong thread?

You do know France are playing at the moment?

Yes but not in pool c

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Greyian

It would seem we are all posting about the France vs Romania game here, when it should be in the Group D topic.

Not in pool C!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Yes but we're in the wrong group:o

• Advertisement

Yes but not in pool c

Yeah I've just copped we are all posting in the wrong thread lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

.ak wrote: »

I mentioned it a few posts back but it got lost in the sea of confused French posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I don't think it was even noticed during the match. Certainly didn't see any comment on the match thread about it.

That's Argentina down to 30 players now. Unbelievably stupid stuff. How many locks did they bring? The usual 4?

Ceadog wrote: »
    No. Replacements are ONLY allowed for medical or compassionate reasons. Banned players cannot be replaced.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/strict-48-hour-rule-warren-9968431

Surely front row would be an exception?

aimee1 wrote: »

I think the idea is to ensure there is no dirty/dangerous play at the showcase of world rugby. I doubt that they'd want to make exceptions.

Did your beard get in your eyes again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Did your beard get in your eyes again?

I was out on my fixie in fairness.

New Zealand v Namibia - first major thrashing of the tournament? Quite surprisingly we've made it this far without anyone being humiliated. Even Uruguay did okay against Wales. I'd assume a few teams will tire as the weeks go on and get a bit of a hiding but if Namibia can yet a respectable scoreline tonight we'll have had a pretty decent first round for everyone.

• Advertisement

Here's video of the Argentina player making contact with Retallick's eye area. Hard to say whether that's deliberate or not but I suppose if you're grappling with someone's head like that you're asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Here's video of the Argentina player making contact with Retallick's eye area. Hard to say whether that's deliberate or not but I suppose if you're grappling with someone's head like that you're asking for trouble.

It is very difficult to see but Retallick doesn't even react to it, just shrugs it off.

conf101 wrote: »
    It is very difficult to see but Retallick doesn't even react to it, just shrugs it off.

He seems to do it twice though. First time it looks like both hands and the second time just one. Retallick does react in that he pulls the hands away and later ducks away from it.

Either way, the contact is all that's required for it to be looked at. Having looked at it and banned him, you'd have to assume that there was definite contact and the two goes at it just made it worse. Retallick actually looks towards the AR after the second contact.

There's a better video here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Yeah he can have no gripe with the ban. It's been clamped down on the last few years and and contact with the face should be a complete no-no. I just wonder if it's severe enough for a 9 week ban.

conf101 wrote: »
    Yeah he can have no gripe with the ban. It's been clamped down on the last few years and and contact with the face should be a complete no-no. I just wonder if it's severe enough for a 9 week ban.

It was actually a 12 or 13 week ban which was then reduced to 9 because of his record being clean.

It was actually a 12 or 13 week ban which was then reduced to 9 because of his record being clean.

I think entry level is 12 weeks, but am open to correction. I know it's pretty severe, but so is the offence imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

are we going to watch the massacre tonight?? AB vs Namibia

why do they have these mickey mouse one-sided games on primetime anyway??

can they not have eng vs wales instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

I don't think so, they would certainly appeal it but I doubt it'd be successful. This is why bringing only 2 hookers seems like borderline insanity to me.

philstar wrote: »

Yeah will have it on in the background.

My sloth yesterday means I've to work late tonight :(

philstar wrote: »

yup. even done an interest bet for tonight and sat .....

NMS hat trick
    Billy V Try anytime

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Only one black player in the Namibian starting XV.

• Advertisement

I feel very fed up with ordinary broadband and feel the need to build a conservatory...

NZ A v Namibia

NZ by 60-70

efb wrote: »
    I feel very fed up with ordinary broadband and feel the need to build a conservatory...

NZ A v Namibia

NZ by 60-70

Nah I reckon they'll put 100+ on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Reckon NZ to win by 120 points.

Did I read right that Namibia have never played the ABs before?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Whitest African team I've ever seen... :pac:

Hat tricks for TJ and NMS, I predict.

And we're off

And we're off

this will be a 100+ score, that was far too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

yup. even done an interest bet for tonight and sat .....

NMS hat trick
    Billy V Try anytime

Well, you won't be out on the streets if you lose.

15-0 and not even ten minutes gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement