Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC London - February 27th 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bisbing split
    sure when he got it v hamill this should be straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

What a heart, just beautiful Bisping. But that ****ing knee/mouthpiece incident was one of the saddest moments in MMA for me, he was doing so GOOD up til that moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Flying knee at the end of the 3 won the fight for Silva, had Bisping winning rounds 1,2 & 3 but the knee clicnhed that round for Silva.

Silva won the last 2.

Amazing fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Incredible fight all respect to Bisping hes a true warrior bizarre event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wow a UD!! Amazing for Bisping!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I dunno. Hard one to call here. I can see it both ways.

im so happy right now
    fcuk yes

WOW!!! uh, wow.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Right result
    silva knew what he did and acted dumb when he was up on the cage
    He's far from dumb
    That guy has heart

• Advertisement

Not unhappy but 48/47 unanimous I didn't see :D

I wonder did the judges not score the knee because of the confusion?

Happy for Bisping, what a warrior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Watching this with the Frampton - Quigg "superfight" on in the background.

No contest. Boxing really is on it's last legs, it's a snoozefest.

This was a great fight. Too close to call for me, would gladly see them go at it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Give bisping a shot at the title after that.

showed tremendous heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Thats a joke

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Never thought I'd be happy for 'Spitsping' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

empacher wrote: »
    Thats a joke

Bisping won 1/2/4 it's hardly a joke. Wouldn't have felt hard done by if silva got the nod it was close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

ricero wrote: »

showed tremendous heart

I like Bisping, but this is a bad idea. He would be mauled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Feel like the KO was there for Anderson. Every time he puhsed forward he inflicted serious damage but he spent most of the fight just d1cking around. Glad Bisping won.

Humble , I think Bisping gained a bazillion new fans tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

ricero wrote: »

showed tremendous heart

Put down that drink and calm down

Tuaght silva was going to retire there with that long pause.

ASOT wrote: »
    Thats a joke

Bisping won 1/2/4 it's hardly a joke. Wouldn't have felt hard done by if silva got the nod it was close.
    Add your reply here.

No i mean the entire fight. Anderson silva pricking around like this. Lost him the weidman fight. Lost him this one. I think he tarnished his legacy. He went from a martial artist to a wwe entertainer. I just couldnt verbalise it at first.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Humble , I think Bisping gained a bazillion new fans tonight :)

You would hope so after what he just went through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The judging system is terrible, does damage dealt count for nothing? Reminds me of the GSP vs Hendricks decision, joke.

Add your reply here.

No i mean the entire fight. Anderson silva pricking around like this. Lost him the weidman fight. Lost him this one. I think he tarnished his legacy. He went from a martial artist to a wwe entertainer. I just couldnt verbalise it at first.

Oh right my bad, I agree. His antics are ridiculous when he's winning bit when he's losing it just looks even worse.

Feel like the KO was there for Anderson. Every time he puhsed forward he inflicted serious damage but he spent most of the fight just d1cking around. Glad Bisping won.

you have to wonder what goes on in that head of his at times
    you have to think he couldve won that comfortably but did enough to win it in his eyes which thankfully wasnt the case

god im so happy for bisbing right now

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Very close fight, could of seen a draw just as easy as both winning for me, knock downs for both, very entertaining. Both guys could of finished each other.

I wouldn't give Bisping a title shot on the back of this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

jesus, that was like a night at the Oscars with the yappin that went on

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    The judging system is terrible, does damage dealt count for nothing? Reminds me of the GSP vs Hendricks decision, joke.

Some times you do wonder just how much you have to do to get a 10-8.

Genuinely can't believe Bisping came back from that knee, the more they show it, he turned into a bag of potatoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ShaneU wrote: »

the way i reconcile it is ; its a sport for entertainment so they mark on activity rather than damage, unless you get the ko
    the rounds mean that someone is getting ahead in a fight but then there is a reset an i suppose in the same way damage delt only counts if you can beat the person to the ko tko or sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I think Bisping did enough to get the nod.

Amazing heart to see it out after the knee at the end of the 3rd. No way did I think he could survive another 10 minutes. He ate a lot of big shots.

Silva looks so dangerous when he attacks but he doesn't attack enough. He wastes so much time pissing around in there. I know he's always played mind games but he seems to have gotten much worse the older he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I thought that was Silva's fight tbh.

I thought it was a draw going into the final round and I thought Silva took that.

He should have finished the fight after he landed that front head kick though, he just stood there admiring his work when Bisping was rocked and one more punch would have finished him.

His own fault really for leaving it in the judges hands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Those talking about the scoring and 10-8's where do you think a 10-8 should have been awarded? A 10-8 should only be where one fighter is completely dominant in a round. A flying knee literally at the end of the 3rd isn't enough to justify a 10-8 for the whole round. Same with a front kick later on. Silva won the rounds but he wasn't dominant, over the course of the fight Bisping landed more shots. In rounds 3 and 5 Silva spent too much time showboating instead of going for the kill.

At any point after the third you have to feel Silva he had the potential to go for the win and finish the fight but he didn't. There's only one person at fault for that, Silva..not the judges.

• Advertisement

As many others have noted, I too cannot wrap my head around Silva's continued cockiness and idiot antics. I really thought that Diaz crapola had been a bit of a wake up call. Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Silva would annoy you at times with his antics. It's as if he wanted to get the perfect knock out but if he just poured on the attack he surely would have finished Bisping the shape he was in.

What heart by Mike though, hard not to feel happy for him. I don't think he'd fare too well against Rockhold but I think he just wants to get that shot before he retires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ASOT wrote: »
    Genuinely can't believe Bisping came back from that knee, the more they show it, he turned into a bag of potatoes.

he was allowed come back from it by a cocky Anderson Silva who didn't go straight after him at the start of the next round like he should have. i had Silva nicking it 48-47 but it was that close that most people were hanging on the judges scores coz we simply didn't know which way it was gonna go. entertaining fight, but egg on Silva's face for not finishing the fight when i think he quite easily could have. respect to Bisping for going from start to finish

Anderson silva was the goat and let it go to his head. Then something changed and it stopped being about being the best martial artist. I think he wanted to humilate people to extend his legacey. To make himself be viewed as bruce lee and neos lovechild.

Damian maia, thales lettis, stephen bonnar, 2nd chael sonnen, chris weidmen, nick diaz, and now micheal bisping .

He spent half the 4th and 5th rounds trying to set up a spinning back elbow ko.

Lost the last four fights and 3 of them tarnished his legacey. Getting ko'd by aggronance. Failed drug test. Losing a decision against a worse fighter. What a way to go out.

manual_man wrote: »
    he was allowed come back from it by a cocky Anderson Silva who didn't go straight after him at the start of the next round like he should have.

like seriously has the man any brains at all?

just letting bisbing recover whilst dancing around the ring :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

There was a left head kick open for Silva for the whole fight and he was just show boating waving his arms around. He tried to make a fool of Bisbing but ended up embarrassing himself.

I wouldn't be Bisbing's biggest fan but fair fcuks to him. Absolute heart to come back from that knee. And great to see him show serious respect to Silva when Silva showed him none during the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Someone brought it up aswell before the fight with him not wanting to speak much English clearly he could understand Herb saying fights not over at least 7 times and other officials, Delighted for Bisping.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

What a fight.

Love reading through the reactions after the event.

Bisping won in my books, but only narrowly. I could have seen it going either way.

Anderson was being a moron. I think he thinks he is like Ali or something, but it just comes across as arrogant and sad now.

So happy for Bisping, especially for a man always coming up just short, always in second place.

I thought he looked really good tonight, but Luke would kill him, again.

Agree with the comments on Silva, his cockiness is crazy and cost him another fight. I doubt Bisping could see out of his right eye in the last 2 rounds certainly not in the 4th wher he was wiping blood the whole round but Silva made no attempt to take advantage.

Silva stilled looked fresh at the end of the fight so I don't think it was down to fear of.burning out, seems to be pure ego that drives it.

I think Bisping deserves a title shot to top.off his career but putting him in with Rockhold wouldn't be much of a show of gratitude

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Everyone seems to be completely biased against Silva, he clearly won that fight. Yes he clowned too much as usual but did way more damage and not just with the knee and front kick. The last 3 rounds were his. If it was anyone else fighting Bisping you would be raging about the decision. Bisping himself and everyone in the arena was surprised at the result. It was nice for Bisping but between this and the Pickett fight earlier the judges made horrible calls in favour of the British boys and it's a hollow victory in my opinion. Heart and chin only count for so much he was outclassed

Den_M wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be completely biased against Silva, he clearly won that fight. Yes he clowned too much as usual but did way more damage and not just with the knee and front kick. The last 3 rounds were his. If it was anyone else fighting Bisping you would be raging about the decision. Bisping himself and everyone in the arena was surprised at the result. It was nice for Bisping but between this and the Pickett fight earlier the judges made horrible calls in favour of the British boys and it's a hollow victory in my opinion. Heart and chin only count for so much he was outclassed

if you think that was bad you should watch the hamill fight :D

50/50 in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Lost the last four fights and 3 of them tarnished his legacey. Getting ko'd by aggronance. Failed drug test. Losing a decision against a worse fighter. What a way to go out.

Very petty attitude there about someone widely regarded, by Bisping too, as the best ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Delighted for Bisping. He deserved it. DONT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF THE JUDGES.

not sure how many fights bisbing has left and lets face it he has no hope against luke

I hope if he has one or more fights left that one of them is a big money one against nick diaz
    its time this fight finally happened

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Neither ''clearly'' won that fight fwiw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement