Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time limit for mastercard chargebacks

Options
  • 17-09-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I purchased something from an irish online retailer on June 13th (paid for with my BOI mastercard) which was never delivered after waiting a number of weeks. I requested a refund, which they agreed to over 30 days ago, but never processed it. While checking the date of the initial transaction, they actually double-charged me in the first place, i.e. a duplicate transaction on the same day for the same amount. Can I request a chargeback on both of these transactions?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

simonw wrote: »
    Hi,
    I purchased something from an irish online retailer on June 13th (paid for with my BOI mastercard) which was never delivered after waiting a number of weeks. I requested a refund, which they agreed to over 30 days ago, but never processed it. While checking the date of the initial transaction, they actually double-charged me in the first place, i.e. a duplicate transaction on the same day for the same amount. Can I request a chargeback on both of these transactions?

Regards
    Hi simonw,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Please see Credit card dispute here that you will need to fill in and send this to the address on form.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Hi,

Regards
    Hi simonw,

Please see Credit card dispute here that you will need to fill in and send this to the address on form.

Hope this helps,

Tara C
    Hi,
    Approximately how long does the chargeback process take?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi,

Regards
    Hi simonw,

Hope this helps,

Tara C
    Hi,
    Approximately how long does the chargeback process take?

Thanks
    Hi simonw,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

The chargeback process generally takes 30 days. If you would like to contact one of my colleagues in the Credit Card Department they will be happy to provide you with an update.

Advisors are available on 0818251251 from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,  8am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm.

Have a good day and if there is anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate in contacting us.

Helen

Advertisement