Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband for a month now. Sick of calling

Options
  • 17-09-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

The local Council repaired a pipe out the front of my building a month ago and seemingly damaged the cables coming into the building. It has taken a month and at least 8 phone calls from me and I still have no resolution date. The delay was due to Eircom having to get permission from the Council to dig up the path to fix the problem that the council created. I had been promised that today (17th) was the date the work was due to be carried out. No sign of anything by lunchtime so I called again to be told the agent would contact the engineer and call me back. No call back.
    I'm beyond sick of this at this stage and feel like cancelling my contract altogether. A month without broadband is an absolute joke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

littlejp wrote: »
    The local Council repaired a pipe out the front of my building a month ago and seemingly damaged the cables coming into the building. It has taken a month and at least 8 phone calls from me and I still have no resolution date. The delay was due to Eircom having to get permission from the Council to dig up the path to fix the problem that the council created. I had been promised that today (17th) was the date the work was due to be carried out. No sign of anything by lunchtime so I called again to be told the agent would contact the engineer and call me back. No call back.
    I'm beyond sick of this at this stage and feel like cancelling my contract altogether. A month without broadband is an absolute joke.
    Hi littlejp, 

I'm really sorry to hear of the delays you have been without service. 

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Hi Tracey,

I've been told it will all be sorted and I'll be up and running by tomorrow. If that's not the case I'll PM you.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I've been told it will all be sorted and I'll be up and running by tomorrow. If that's not the case I'll PM you.

Thanks
    Ok no problem at all, definitely come back to me if you have any further issues tomorrow.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

Still no resolution to this. Have tried to call 3 times this morning and each time after I put in my details and select option 2 I get disconnected.
    I'll pm you my details now. I hope you can help me.

Hi Tracey,

I sent you a pm on Wednesday morning but have not heard anything back.
    Had been told the physical issue had been fixed and that my service would be up and running again yesterday. Still nothing and when I rang today after a bit of investigating it turns out NOTHING has been done on my case since I first rang up. Nothing, not a tap. Yet, I have been given 3 different resolution dates from different agents and have repeatedly been assured that the technicians had carried out their work.
    I'm sick to death of dealing with Eircom and am very close to cancelling my contract altogether. I have also lodged a complaint with Comreg.
    I got speaking to a very helpful person today who is going to chase it up for me next week. I had hoped that you were going to help me through here as to be honest I don't have a spare half hour every day to call up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

I'm in the same boat, no one gives a dame!!!

Is anyone going to help with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Is anyone going to help with this?

I don't think they will

Can someone from Eir please respond to me?
    I feel like I am talking to  myself here and have called over 20 times in the last month and am getting nowhere. The last guy I spoke to couldn't even tell me when my problem would be resolved. He simply said someone would "probably" call me back. I'm beyond frustrated with this. I have a case open with Comreg but in the meantime I still have no internet connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I feel like I am talking to  myself here and have called over 20 times in the last month and am getting nowhere. The last guy I spoke to couldn't even tell me when my problem would be resolved. He simply said someone would "probably" call me back. I'm beyond frustrated with this. I have a case open with Comreg but in the meantime I still have no internet connection.
    Hi littlejp

I'm very sorry to hear of this and apologise for the delays.

Tracey is not available today so if you could please PM me the account number I will be happy to look further in to this

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi littlejp

Tracey is not available today so if you could please PM me the account number I will be happy to look further in to this

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I PM'd you on Friday at lunch time but have heard nothing back. I rang again today and the girl I spoke wanted some time to investigate this for me and said she'd call me back at around 2:30. No call back. I've lost the will at this stage. I can't face calling again to have to explain everything all over again.

Can somebody in Eir please stop ignoring me and look into my issue and tell me when it will be fixed? That's all I'm looking for at this stage. We can dissect it afterwards and figure out why on earth I have had no service for over a month with no end in sight but for now I just want a simple answer: 
    WHEN WILL MY BROADBAND BE RESTORED???

Thanks,

Hi littlejp

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I PM'd you on Friday at lunch time but have heard nothing back. I rang again today and the girl I spoke wanted some time to investigate this for me and said she'd call me back at around 2:30. No call back. I've lost the will at this stage. I can't face calling again to have to explain everything all over again.

Can somebody in Eir please stop ignoring me and look into my issue and tell me when it will be fixed? That's all I'm looking for at this stage. We can dissect it afterwards and figure out why on earth I have had no service for over a month with no end in sight but for now I just want a simple answer: 
    WHEN WILL MY BROADBAND BE RESTORED???

Thanks,
    Called again yesterday evening and after going through the motions again was once more promised a call back last night which didn't happen.
    Can someone please contact me about this this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thomas998

On the 17th of September, I signed a contract and Eircom told us they would be out within five working days. They were scheduled to come on the Friday after. They didn't. After contacting them on Monday, since there's nothing you can do on the weekend, they then rescheduled to come a week later on the Friday after. I wanted to be sure that they would come this time, so made a confirmation call on Monday that Friday was going ahead. This was given the green light. They didn't do this either. After contacting them yesterday, they have rescheduled to come next Monday. Which will be the 12th of October.

We are a few days off a month with no Internet, due to the sheer incompetence of Eircom. It is incredibly frustrating, more so when someone takes a day off work to stay at home for the technicians to arrive are simply ignored, before the Customer Service tell you that you were somehow not actually scheduled for that day. Twice. It is galling to see so much money spent on advertising your deals and needless rebranding in lieu of actually carrying out the service you're meant to.

Anyone who is thinking of signing a contract with Eircom - you seriously need to consider whether a good deal is worth this level of trouble.

And, by the way - after getting ComReg involved - they're close to useless. It doesn't help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Thomas998 wrote: »
    And, by the way - after getting ComReg involved - they're close to useless. It doesn't help at all.
    I'd disagree with that bit.   Eircom (or any phone company) have to respond when an issue is raised via Comreg.   They managed to sort out my problem with Eircom last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thomas998 wrote: »
    On the 17th of September, I signed a contract and Eircom told us they would be out within five working days. They were scheduled to come on the Friday after. They didn't. After contacting them on Monday, since there's nothing you can do on the weekend, they then rescheduled to come a week later on the Friday after. I wanted to be sure that they would come this time, so made a confirmation call on Monday that Friday was going ahead. This was given the green light. They didn't do this either. After contacting them yesterday, they have rescheduled to come next Monday. Which will be the 12th of October.

We are a few days off a month with no Internet, due to the sheer incompetence of Eircom. It is incredibly frustrating, more so when someone takes a day off work to stay at home for the technicians to arrive are simply ignored, before the Customer Service tell you that you were somehow not actually scheduled for that day. Twice. It is galling to see so much money spent on advertising your deals and needless rebranding in lieu of actually carrying out the service you're meant to.

Anyone who is thinking of signing a contract with Eircom - you seriously need to consider whether a good deal is worth this level of trouble.
    Hi Thomas998

I'm sorry to hear of this and it's clear to see that apologies are certainly in order here. I do know that it's very disappointing when you have set aside a whole day out of your schedule for the engineers not to turn up.

If you would like to PM me your order number I will be happy to arrange a good will credit for the delays and see if I can arrange an earlier appointment.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Thomas998

I'm sorry to hear of this and it's clear to see that apologies are certainly in order here. I do know that it's very disappointing when you have set aside a whole day out of your schedule for the engineers not to turn up.

If you would like to PM me your order number I will be happy to arrange a good will credit for the delays and see if I can arrange an earlier appointment.

Thanks
    Al

And you continue to ignore me. This is fantastic. If you are unable to help me just say so.

Eircom didn't call. Again. It is now a month since we signed up and we still haven't received the service that's promised in "five working days."

It's a joke, and their customer service are even worse. I messaged Alan on Thursday. It's Monday and there's been no reply. This is fairly indicative of Eircom as a whole - slow and shoddy.

Still waiting for assistance on this. Can anyone on here give me an update please?

Advertisement