Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nestle Tollhouse Cookies sticking!!

Options
  • 17-09-2015 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I've recently tried baking Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, and while they are deliciously scrumptious in taste and texture, they seem to stick to the greaseproof paper I use. Scraping them off is tedious and sometimes in the process, they completely crumble 😔 Has this ever happened to anyone else too? And what is the best surface to bake cookies on?
    TIA! 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Are you using greaseproof paper or baking parchment? With greaseproof paper you'll have to grease the paper. With parchment you shouldn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marium786

It's greaseproof paper.

That's interesting because my biscuits always come off smoothly when I use the same paper. Thanks for the info, do you think it's better to grease with oil or butter?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Greaseproof paper has no non-stick qualities. It's designed for wrapping up oily foods. Baking parchment is what you need.

But if greaseproof is all you have, I'd use butter for cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marium786

Thank youuu! 😊

Advertisement