Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DES return to threatening teachers over Lansdowne Rd Agreement

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

And what happened to not making sweeping generalisations about teachers on the forum. Last time I checked that was part of the charter. Not justifying their generalisations.

Indeed, I was making the point that attributing 'subservience and being docile' in teaching to gender, was possibly just as valid as linking it to preferences for types of dessert.

But ya mod hat on... we should leave the gender musings in the same pile as the 'not having the cajones' speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

'Member' has been warned.
    I think we'll just park the stereotypes. We may as well be 'blaming' young teachers, NQT's, retired teachers , TUI vs' ASTI vs' INTO, pre 2004 vs' post 2004 teachers, management vs' young teachers, part timers vs' 22hrsers etc... which suits those who want to muddy waters and offer 'something for everyone'.

Back to Lansdowne rd.
    Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Stereotypes are not PC. And only what is PC goes in Ireland! But I actually think stereotypes go a long way towards explaining the culture of the public service in general and teaching in particular in Ireland. After all perhaps we may not have settled for PS jobs if we were risk takers and trend setters.

But ya,back to Landsdowne Road...........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

acequion wrote: »
    Stereotypes are not PC. And only what is PC goes in Ireland! But I actually think stereotypes go a long way towards explaining the culture of the public service in general and teaching in particular in Ireland. After all perhaps we may not have settled for PS jobs if we were risk takers and trend setters.

But ya,back to Landsdowne Road...........

Settled? I just wanted to teach. Teaching in Ireland is a PS job. No settling for me.

Advertisement