Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of number announcement all distorted / weird.

Options
  • 17-09-2015 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

You might want to check this.

I tried calling my old insurance company number on 1800 28 28 20 (AXA) and it had changed to 1850.

There's an eircom announcement which sounds absolutely dreadfully badly recorded. The first bit is like "the number you have dialled has been changed" in a muffled, badly recorded voice with a strong accent.
    Then 'eir' voiceover "to 1850 ... 282820"
    Then same badly recorded muffled thing "you have not been charged for this call"

It's not impacting the service, but it sounds worse than a badly recorded answering machine message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

StonyIron wrote: »

I tried calling my old insurance company number on 1800 28 28 20 (AXA) and it had changed to 1850.

There's an eircom announcement which sounds absolutely dreadfully badly recorded. The first bit is like "the number you have dialled has been changed" in a muffled, badly recorded voice with a strong accent.
    Then same badly recorded muffled thing "you have not been charged for this call"

It's not impacting the service, but it sounds worse than a badly recorded answering machine message.
    I tried it there now and while I agree it is slightly bad sound, the new number is 1890 not 1850. Or so the message says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

StonyIron wrote: »

Hi StonyIron, 

Thanks for this information. I'll pass this feedback on. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement