Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#VinB #PeoplesDebate #ShoutyTime

Options
  • 17-09-2015 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Peoples Debate for the Carlow-Kilkenny Constituency on in the (Woodford) Dolmen Hotel (this) Monday night the 21st of September.

No Tickets reqd.

Audience asked to assemble at 7pm for an 8pm start to recording (or earlier if possible).

Programme airs Wednesday the 23rd of September from 10pm to 12 Midnight.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Many (any?) going to this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'd prefer to have my toe-nails removed by pliers. No doubt some self important local politically motivated people will hog the air time anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I will pass.

I expect a lot of those Facebook people that were in the Kenny at the Fairgreen thread from a few months back will be at it screaming and shouting looking for there 15 minutes of Facebook fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I went but I wasn't "one of those people" by any stretch of imagination.

As it happens I thought the issue of Irish Water wasn't discussed or mentioned (& I was making copious amounts of notes throughout, maybe 4-5 Pages worth....) at all until afterwards someone said it did get a mention.

Maybe it did but it wasn't anything approaching relevance or high on the agenda.

We're a rural constituency & a figure tonight, can't verify it mind, was told to me by a politician, that 45% of People in the CW/KK Constituency already pay water rates (privately/residentially etc. I think he meant as opposed to commercially although that would, I assume include farms where the farmhouse is part of the commercial business that is a farm).

It's just not an issue in rural Ireland, even between the city, towns & villages there's a huge difference of opinion.

If anyone wants my notes ahead of the Wednesday night broadcast, PM me your emails or if any other questions just holler.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Sound bites and lowest common denominator, the nah sayers actually have no real plans. Yawn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement