Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy problem

Options
  • 17-09-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

<resolved. thanks>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

At risk usually means your role is at risk and you will be entitled to redundancy.

Regarding the ploy: read the info on citizens information. It's probably not a ploy, but you need to be careful to ensure you're entitled.
    Personally I'd take the redundancy and go back on contract if offered. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maicky

bonyn wrote: »
    At risk usually means your role is at risk and you will be entitled to redundancy.

Regarding the ploy: read the info on citizens information. It's probably not a ploy, but you need to be careful to ensure you're entitled.
    Personally I'd take the redundancy and go back on contract if offered. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Not really. If you're made redundant from the PS, you have to wait 2 years (or something) before being employed again.

I'm going to have to make a decision and I need concrete guidance.

I'm not pushed whether they want me to stay or are anxious to get rid. I just want to optimise the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

"maicky wrote: »
    In the magical world of the public sector, it's not their money so they don't really care and it's actually easier to spend a budget than have to explain why it wasn't spent.

Is this a ploy to keep me on on the cheap while lowering the redundancy payment?

Your worried that they won't pay out yet you mentioned they're throwing money around like confetti

.... You've really nothing to be worried about. Enjoy the 10k

Your worried that they won't pay out yet you mentioned they're throwing money around like confetti

.... You've really nothing to be worried about. Enjoy the 10k

No. I'm not worried that they won't pay the 10k.

I'm concerned that any redundancy payment in May will be calculated based on a 3 day week (6 month period). If I am made redundant at the end of the year, I would be entitled to 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

I was made redundant after 7 years the last 2 and half was a 3 day week..employer tried to give me 6 days pay per year instead of 10 (2 wks)

I refused the package and said I was seeking advice and was told he was within his right because I was on a 3 day week for more than 2 years.

Next day I got a call from the boss offering the full amount even tho he didn't have to..

• Advertisement

markc2951 wrote: »
    I was made redundant after 7 years the last 2 and half was a 3 day week..employer tried to give me 6 days pay per year instead of 10 (2 wks)

I refused the package and said I was seeking advice and was told he was within his right because I was on a 3 day week for more than 2 years.

Next day I got a call from the boss offering the full amount even tho he didn't have to..

So basically, if I take a six month extension on 3-day week (the unspent budget is there for this), I'd be screwing myself and effectively working for free?!

Where can I get authoritative info on this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement