Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new iPhone 5,data transferred from old phone,now stuff disappeared...?!

Options
  • 17-09-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

I'm asking here cos Apple Support is closed at the mo, and I cannot find the answers I'm looking for on any Apple website.

I've just upgraded from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 5s. I hooked both phones up to my iTunes accordingly and did all the transferring...everything transferred perfectly to the new phone, and was still duplicated on the old phone too (photos, notes, calendars, contacts, apps etc).

I also got the old phone unlocked, as I want to sell it.

Just now, having gotten a call from someone who was coming to buy the old phone, I scrambled frantically to delete all of my stuff off the old phone, cos the buyer would want it to be blank. As I started with deleting all my calendar items (extremely important bunch of medical oncology appointments coming up over the next few weeks) and then deleted half my photos. When I then looked in the NEW phone, however, all the calendar items had deleted from that too, but the photos had not!

I'm panicking, as I really need all these calendar items to come back. In a panic, I plugged the new iphone into my iTunes and performed a backup from iCloud, which restored it to latest backup...but still no calendar stuff!

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of getting the calendar stuff back, as my health depends on it?! (not exaggerating; I have cancer and I've so many upcoming appointments I'm bound to miss some of them even if I rack my brains to try and remember times, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Not sure if this will work. You say you plugged it into your iTunes -I assume you mean computer- and backed up from iCloud. That doesn't make any sense as iCloud backup will work on wifi. So is there a backup on your computer/iTunes that you can use instead of the iCloud one.
    To give someone a clean phone you don't delete individual items, especially since iCloud will delete them of all devices in some cases like your calendar, but you go to settings-general-reset-erase all contents and settings. That will just erase the phone (but not iCloud).
    Maybe this will help:
    http://open-media-community.com/2014/07/18/recover-deleted-calendar-on-iphone-5s/
    Just remembered, before you do any of this go into the Calender app and make sure it's not just de-selected, tap Calender on the bottom of screen to select which Calender appointments are displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Astrolabe

Thanks flyguy, I really appreciate your help! I'm really not very good with technology, so I probably described some of the things incorrectly...but I will certainly read this link that you posted.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You deleted appointments on one phone but it was still syncing to your account. You need to remove the phone from your account by choosing reset.

To recover lost calendar events, have a read at http://www.macrumors.com/how-to/recover-files-contacts-calendars-in-icloud/

Advertisement